“Sitting duck on a pond”
Review of Gerhard's Cafe

Gerhard's Cafe
Ranked #14 of 333 Restaurants in Spartanburg
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2013

For starters the place was busy! Which was a good sign! All tables were full!
To my surprise there was wait list or pager system! Was told twice 1st come 1st serve ( had to walk around restaurant and watch for someone finishing so u could stand by their table to get it! No idea of how long it's gonna take) After 45 min and 2 arguments, we got a table! Realizing several people coming in after us got a table 1st!
Anyway we order and try to enjoy our meal! Food was ok but took awhile to get! We were asked 3 times before getting food if we were about to leave from people wanting our table! Then the whole time we were eating it seemed like we were being watched by people walking by looking for empty table!
Once we were ready to leave I literally got pushed back in my seat from someone trying to slide in and secure my table for their dinner!
This is suppose to be an upscale place o eat! But wasn't pleasant at all!
If highly NOT recommend eating there until they get some sort of system! I know I won't be!
It's a fight or shooting waiting to happen
Goldprice@aol.com is way to email me if u experienced similar

There are newer reviews for Gerhard's Cafe

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I love Gerhards! Incredible food and great atmosphere. Gerhards has two side, a fancy side and a not as fancy side. Their menu is available on both sides and has a wide variety of excellent food. They have everything from steaks and mashed potatoes to great inexpensive homemade pizzas.

Also they have trivia night on Tuesday nights! Loads of fun!

Reviewed December 22, 2012

We go to Gerhards at least four or five times a year. It's always a really good, really dependable restaurant. Gerhard does a great job of preparing food that is very good and there 's always some variance to the menu. It's a great place to go for a casual night out or you can go fancy in the fine dining side. We prefer the bar! Another good experience tonight although the service was slow even though it was not particularly crowded. Order the pork chop!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We just moved here and had a wonderful German restaurant there. Really wanted to find a German place here - tried Gerhard's cafe - maybe we should have tried the bar area - only 2 German dishes in the dining room.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Let me start off by recommending something: The Weiner Schnitzel! It is cooked perfectly every time. The second best thing is the highly-skilled bartender, Mary. If you like mixed drinks, she is the best that I've ever had. Thirdly, Gerhard's has a really cool Austrian-farmhouse style motif. It adds a lot to the experience.