“Homemade”

Ranked #7 of 332 Restaurants in Spartanburg
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Homemade”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Excellent food, great prices, good atmosphere. Wonderful people! Been going there over 20 years. Everything on the menu is great! They also have heathy choices if you are watching your figure.

Inman
“great local dive”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Everything is good. Hamburgers are real and not frozen. They are made to order a long with everything else. French Fries are real.

Visited July 2012
Boiling Springs, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Okay... Expected More”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

The way locals talk about this place I thought this would be the most amazing cheeseburger ever. The waitress was very nice and the service was great. It is a local dive which I am completely fine with---I rather spend my money in local establishments anyways. Onto the burger... It was good, a lot of different options for toppings but I could make the same burger at home. I think people love this place because of the tradition factor not because of the actual food. If you are from anywhere outside of Spartanburg I guarantee you can find a better burger. I will probably visit this place again since I do live in this area but I will know what to expect next time around.

• Visited October 2012
, Columbus, NC
“Best Cheeseburger I have ever eaten!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Although my wife, Phyllis and I have lived in Columbus, NC since October 2003, we visit Spartanburg frequently for shopping, doctor appointments and eating at excellent restaurants but we ate at Ikes Korner Grille for the first time on 18 December 2012. It was an experience that is hard to describe, you just have to go there.
The outside of the building is rustic and quaint. It has been there for over 50 years having opened in 1960 as the Lazy B Grill. Today it is still operated by 3rd generation owner Neil Rodgers but today is known as Ikes Korner Grille located at 104 Archer Road in Spartanburg, SC.
It has a full menu for lunch and dinner opening at 10:00AM Monday thru Friday and at 7:00AM on Saturday. Closing times vary but you can call 864-542-0911 for specific times.
Ikes is most well known for hamburger sandwiches served in lots of ways. There also appetizers such as Fried Pickles. There are also many kinds of other sandwiches to please your palate and numerous choices in salads.
But let's get back to what we had and why we went to Ikes in first place. The special on Tuesday was my choice: IKE cheeseburger with onions and cheddar cheese. If you sit at the counter, you can watch everything being before you. It was a treat to watch the french fries go from a whole potato to the hottest fries you could possibly ask for. Add a few pickles and Diet Coke and a heavenly eating experience is before me. Phyllis had a plain hamburger with a side of slaw and unsweetened ice tea.
If you are looking for an adventure at Ikes, ask about Ike's Wall of Fame Burger, It costs $24.95 but if you can finish it off in 45 minutes it is free and they will put your picture on the wall.
I am convinced that if you visit and eat at Ikes Korner Grille one time you will return again and again.

• Visited December 2012
“Best burgers ever!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Seriously have not had a better burger. The place is small and quaint but they are on the ball with orders and getting you in and out quickly. You get to sit at a table with other folks or at the bar and enjoy great food and great company. The staff is always top notch and strive to serve you and be sure you are taken care of! A must stop at if you are passing through. We gout of our way to eat there on the way to some Tiger football!!