“Best Chinese Buffet in Spartanburg”

Sun King Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #228 of 343 Restaurants in Spartanburg
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is clearly the best Chinese buffet in Spartanburg. Be sure you visit the old location on Mcmillian drive. They opened a new location on East Main St that is not as good as the original. The chicken and broccoli is very good. They have great Bourbon Chicken. Egg rolls are good. Egg drop soup is very good. Staff is cool but can come off as rude, but I don't think they do that on purpose. They are just socially awkward. I always worry about cleanliness. The place looks clean on the outside and in the dining room, but glimpses of the kitchen and kitchen staff worry me. Lots of booger picking I am sure but that happens everywhere. My advise, just don't think about it.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

The food at Sun King is really good, but the atmosphere is awful. The place is OLD and run down. There is a lot of selection, but it's basic Chinese food. They also have American food and a large dessert bar. We go here at least once a month, but it's not my favorite. You can get a lot of food for about $5 though.

1  Thank b2lane
Reviewed April 24, 2012

chinese buffet, its good when its fresh.......just like any other buffet

Reviewed March 9, 2012

You have to try the Mongolian Barbeque...its not southern BBQ.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

I recently moved to Spartanburg from Maryland and my colleagues took me there. Before we could get started, mind you, our food was on the table, Baby roaches came walking out ... of course I freaked out. The server got the manager or so she was suppose to. I personally got up as did my colleagues and we found the manager. He stated and I quote"LADY, all restraurants in Spartanburg has roaches. There is nothing we can do. we exterminate on a reg. Your food is free. I said what? I can pay for my food. lets talk sanitation? He got mad and walked off. I was blown and vowed to never ever go again.....

6  Thank Lavet G