“Very Nice Hometown Restaurant”

Wade's Family Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 333 Restaurants in Spartanburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Takeout
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My family visited this restaurant while in Spartanburg. We were kind of tired of the typical fast food and looking for something different. It was very very good. The service was quick and the food was great. It was really good size portions for a reasonable amount of money. I ate half of my entree and was full. The biscuits were good but the cornbread was a little dry. The staff was nice and friendly. We were probably in and out within 30 minutes. Although we were staying in a hotel, we took leftovers back and put them in our fridge for a later snack. Will definitely visit this awesome restaurant again next time we are in town. They also sell some of their food like soups, pies etc.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The wait can be lengthy but once inside, be ready for good home cooking. My personal favorite is the turkey and dressing. Shhhhhh, keep this a secret but I let Wades do my Thanksgiving.

I recommend mixing the cornbread and yeast rolls...both are awesome. And save room for dessert. The peanut butter pie will make you smack your mama.

Remember this...bring cash. Credit cards not accepted.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Locals rave about this restaurant, and it is always packed to the gills with customers. We don't share the fascination with the place, though. It is passable home cooking, to be sure, but if you want quality food, this is NOT the place to go. The main meat portion of the meal is done well and pretty good. But that's it. Sides are average at best. The veggies are all canned, overcooked, and taste it. The prices are very reasonable, but this is a good case of getting what you pay for. I suppose it is a good place to go with a big family for a simple meal with low cost.If you're looking for a GOOD meal, go somewhere else.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

The food is always great, especially the turkey and dressing. Don't get to eat here as often as I would like though.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Wades has been open over 50 years, and stays packed today. We have been going to Wades for over 15 years and have never been disappointed by the food or service. The only thing we don't like sometimes is the wait for a table. Tables turnover quickly thanks to food being delivered fast. They have a rotating menu each day of the week, which you can find online. My husband and I especially love the turkey and dressing.