I recently stayed in this hotel for a business meeting and based on the reviews on TA, thought that this would be a clean, comfortable stay. I didn't have the same awesome experience that other reviewers did, but it was tolerable.
This hotel is in a great location behind a mall off 1-26. There are a ton of restaurants nearby (two that you can walk to, or always go over to the mall). It was a bit back off the road so there was not a lot of road noise.
Room requirements were met, check-in was fine. The lobby had nice sitting areas for breakfast or if you needed to bring clients over. They did have a small snack shop in case you were hungry or forgot anything on your trip. I do recall seeing a pool and business center, but I can't comment on those. They did have a free breakfast in the AM, and I saw the waffle machines, that I know a lot of people enjoy. I'm a fan of the "breakfast bag" which provides the traveler on the go with a piece of fruit, cereal bar and water. They also have an evening manager's reception and cookies in the lobby in the evening. All nice touches. Free Internet worked well during my stay.
Where my disappointment came was in my room. I was counting on this being incredibly clean and not having to worry about it being dirty, hairs, etc. based on the other reviews. Unfortunately I didn't find that to be the case. They were hairs on the bathroom floor, on the business chair and I didn't find the linens to be very clean and had to get new ones. I am a VERY picky traveler, so you might not care about these things, but I do. I don't want to know there were people in the room before me, and when I see evidence of it, makes me highly uncomfortable.
The room was a decent size, not huge, but not postage stamp small. It had a micro-fridge, which was convenient. TV was old school CRT style, which I think is an area that all hotels need to upgrade on, but it did have closed caption. It had a desk for working with a chair and another sitting chair. The bed was a little soft, but decent. The linens had some stains on them. I also did not like the fitted sheet, it kept pulling up and I don't think anyone wants to sleep on the actual mattress.
Missing from the room was a luggage rack. In the days of bed bugs, I like having one of these so I can elevate my luggage off the floor. I found the room had kind of a musty smell to it. Once I was in the room, it was tolerable, but when first entering the room it was noticeable.
The bathroom was so-so clean. The toilet seat did not look like it had been cleaned (or enough), there were some hairs on the floor. And watch your elbows, the rods in the shower may get you. I did like that they provide you all types of shampoo, conditioner, lotion and mouthwash, that is rare these days.
I was just a little disappointed based on the other reviews. I would stay here again, but I would not tolerate the musty room smell or hairs again and would just ask to be moved. I was tired and didn't want to deal with it that night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg I-26 Westgate Mall hotel is located just off I-26 in Spartanburg, SC next to the Summit Pointe Conference & Events Center. Guests enjoy our free amenities from free wi-fi, hot breakfast, to our airport shuttle. Enjoy Tyger River Park offering 12 tournament baseball and softball fields. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-I-26-Westgate Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Spartanburg-i-26-Westgate Mall Hotel Spartanburg
- Hampton Inn And Suites Spartanburg-i-26-Westgate Mall
- Hampton Inn Spartanburg
- Spartanburg Hampton Inn