“Off the beaten path but worth the drive”

Spartanburg Marriott
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Spartanburg
Orange Beach, Alabama
“Off the beaten path but worth the drive”
Reviewed June 6, 2007

Very pretty hotel with friendly staff, ladies in bar/grill were particularly nice but all were pleasant.
I travel to big cities more often then not where you pay upwards of $ 600.00 a night for a great hotel and sometimes I forget that for $ 200.00 or so you can get a really nice place to stay, and this fit that bill.
Breakfast buffet was a wonderful bargain and although the restaurant was closed that Monday evening, the bar was open and the food was pretty good. Bar was very cool with tv's galore, even some in the wood columns.
Would highly recommend.

Stayed June 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Florida
Reviewed October 22, 2006

Attended the 2006 Euro Auto Festival, and stayed at the Marriott. Extremely nice. Huge and well-appointed public rooms, obviously under-utilized. Several and fast elevators, no waiting. Comfortable, clean rooms. Nice restaurant. Great underground parking, especially important to those who are fussy about their cars. Only complaint is they charged $9.95 per day for internet access. Having just come from Charleston, where we paid over twice as much for much less, I would certainly recommend this as a place to stay.

• Stayed October 2006
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed September 18, 2006

We stayed at this hotel on September 15th for one night. It was after midnight when we checked in, and the front desk staff was very courteous. The room was quite spacious, and the bathroom was large as well. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the room was quiet. (Except for the loud-mouthed guests out in the hall in the middle of the night! This is not the hotel's fault, but the result of highly inconsiderate people thinking only of themselves.) As we left fairly early the next morning for the Biltmore, we didn't eat at the restaurant. However the gal at the coffee/snack bar was very friendly and the muffins and coffee/tea were fresh. I would stay at this location again.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
Los Angeles
Reviewed September 11, 2006

I stayed at the hotel while travelling on business. As I drive up to the hotel, I realize that the hotel is next to the largest funeral home I've ever seen - wait, but that's not the worst part. I ordered dinner and after 1 hour and nothing shows up. I call down to the front desk and they tell me that they're on their way. Thirty minutes later the guy shows up with a can of soda and a side salad, none of which I ordered. I called down again to the manager on staff and all I got from the her was that she would send up my meal. Another 30 minute passes and NOTHING. After two frustrating hours, I went to bed without a meal after an 8 hour travel day.

• Liked — The room /property was clean
  • Disliked — Front Desk Service & Funeral Home
  • Stayed August 2006
2 Thank SKYtrip
North Carolina
Reviewed August 15, 2006

I researched this hotel on tripadvisor, and found it had high ratings. Much to my disappointment, we found an unfriendly staff, a room with sheets that smelled so "not clean" that I used my clothes to cover the pillows & did my best to ignore the rest. The room service food was horrible. Do not recommend this property.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the unpleasant odor of the bedding in the room
  • Tips/Secrets — research extensively before booking
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank honestopinion4u
Columbia, SC
Reviewed February 26, 2006

I stayed at this hotel while there for a convention. The meeting rooms are very spacious and away from guest rooms, therefore, noise is not an issue. There are also numerous meeting rooms. We had no problems with set-up, etc., for our meetings. Everything was ready and on time and all food was great! It's agreat hotel for meetings, wedding receptions, etc, and we got a good deal.

The guest rooms are very nice. I was in a double Queen room, very comfortable bed and pillows and nice bedding. The room was very clean and the bathroom very spacious. Iron and ironing board, coffee maker in the room as well as hair dryer. Internet access in the room is available, however, I did not use that so cannot comment.

The food in the restaurant was very good and someone I knew said they gave her the breakfast free because they said she had to wait too long on her meal. This was without her complaining which I thought was very good customer service.

The hotel does seem out of place where it is. It is much nicer than it's surroundings. Restaurants, shopping, etc. are within short driving distance.

Stayed February 2006
2 Thank bingo3
Reviewed February 12, 2006

While I didn't actually spend the night at the hotel, I did recently visit for a banquet that was held in one of the ballrooms. The hotel was beautiful, and I can see why it gets the positive reviews that it does. We were there for a private banquet that was catered by the hotel. We also visited the bar for quite a while before and after, and everyone of the staff members were wonderful. They were constantly asking if we needing anything! As far as the banquet, the ballroom was very nice. The food was great, and the servers were excellent. Every single staff memeber that we encountered was very nice and polite. I wish that we would have had the chance to stay overnight, but we weren't that far from home. If we are ever in the area again, we will definitely be making reservations for the Marriott!

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business