“Wonderful Wedding Night!”

Spartanburg Marriott
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Spartanburg
“Wonderful Wedding Night!”
Reviewed October 9, 2005

My husband and I were on our way to Myrtle Beach for our Honeymoon. We had been driving about 5 hours and it was 10pm and we were getting exhausted. After seeing a billboard for the Marriott and getting lost trying to find it, it was a beautiful sight once we did find it. I checked us in and asked if there were any honeymoon suites available. There weren't so we checked into a regular room. We went to get something to eat (Burger King was the only thing we could find open!) and went back to our room. When we arrived the hotel staff had set up champagne, strawberries, blueberries, and whip cream for us. It was such a nice surprise! We had a wonderful wedding night and can't wait to go back for an anniversary!

• Stayed July 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Cincinnati
Reviewed July 3, 2005

Stayed at the Spartanburg Marriott in March for a quick one night stay. Overall, I was pleased. The rooms were very clean, with nice marble bathrooms and comfortable beds. Service was crisp and efficient and I had a great breakfast in the hotel's on site restaurant.

Security is tight here, so keep your keys handy. I had to use mine to access the guest room elevators, fitness centers (two keyed doors), pool (and pool exit). It may be foor good reason, though. When I went out to my car for clothes early in the morning (10:00 AM) a man approached me and asked me for food. I found this suprising given that my car was directly in front of the hotel. But, the man was harmless and I felt safe throughout my stay.

If I was in the area, I would visit again, especially with a good rate.

• Stayed March 2005
2 Thank Charles415
Reviewed May 7, 2005

We had two twin rooms here and can't fault anything. Large clean with great fixtures. Reception staff VERY helpful, we needed two lots of directions. Restaurant was booked when we got there so book early for that.Have stayed in Marriotts in UK this was better and less than half the price.

• Stayed December 2004
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed February 21, 2005

I got a great deal on Priceline at the Marriott in Spartanburg, SC. This would make for a great convention location. It is near Spartanburg Memorial Auditorium and Converse College. I enjoyed the expansive lobby, friendly staff and beautiful bar. This was an excellent location for a romantic Valentine's Day Weekend getaway.

• Stayed February 2005
1 Thank Leanpig
Chicago
Reviewed August 22, 2004

My husband and I have family in both Greenville and Spartanburg and we were greatly relieved when this hotel opened! The Poinsett in Greenville is a better hotel, but this Marriott is centrally located to both G'ville & S'burg and is only $89 a night - a great value. It is close to I-85 and right between Spartanburg's east and west side.

There is nowhere better to stay in Spartanburg although they are still building much of the hotel (such as the Starbuck's they advertise).

1 Thank Ami P
Reviewed January 27, 2004

I had the oppertunity to dine in the newly completed Marrott dinning room, and was pleased with both the menu, and service given. The buffet was very reasonable and filled with many choices. The staff were quick to respond to any of my requests.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member