I lodged in this hotel for an extended stay while taking care of business downtown. First, the good elements: the outdoor pool is rather nice, as it is the hot tub, the sauna, and the lobby. The room is pleasant -- but there are shortfalls: no fridge, no microwave, no safe in the room. I asked the reason why. They told me their safes did not work. This is especially true when there is no safe in the room. If you want internet access, you´ll have to pay $13 per device. So, if you are a couple with 2 laptops, it is going to be $30/day including tax. They have many conventions, especially on weekends. Some of them are massive, and parking could be an issue (the issue of not finding parking at all). Be advised that some convention guests can be rather noisy. Employees are trained to say "my pleasure" to any request; after a few days, it seems rather artificial for clearly overworked, underpaid staff. All for the standard rate of $149 + tax in this wannabe Marriott that falls short in many sides (but not for charging you extra in services that other real Marriotts really do provide to their guests; you get their business model). For this kind of dough, I would recommend looking into other options that offer better service or value; Spartanburg is no Manhattan after all.
Some reviewers mentioned that they received extra charges after they left. It was no surprise to see that this wannabe Marriott assessed some unauthorized extra charges in my credit card a couple of days after I settled my bill with them. I had to call Central reservations of the Marriott (not the wannabe Spartanburg pseudomarriott) to take care of the problem. So, in addition, they are also dishonest. My unequivocal advice: stay away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spartanburg Marriott is a perfect choice among hotels in Spartanburg, South Carolina. We offer a convenient Downtown Spartanburg location within walking distance of restaurants, entertainment, and shops. Our Spartanburg, SC hotel offers comfortable and inviting accommodations for business and leisure travel. We also provide great spaces for meetings and events - with 27 events rooms on our property! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Spartanburg Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spartanburg Marriott Hotel Spartanburg
- Spartanburg Renaissance Park
- Marriott Spartanburg
- Renaissance Spartanburg