All reviewsthe concierge loungeunderground parkingfront deskbeautiful hotelkrispy kremelarge hotelwofford collegepatio areaconference centerbreakfast buffetvisiting spartanburgno hot waterspartanburg areabusiness tripthe room was nicecomfy bednice stay
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Although the location is not much to write home about, this is a very nice hotel. Clean, big and comfy rooms, good service. The surprise for me was the food; much better than your average Mariott. Great business hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I thought the hotel was not good value! I appreciate a nice hotel but found this hotel lacking a little and couldn't quiet put my finger on why!
The gym is nice, parking good, restaurant and bar ok but not wonderful. The hotel is best for conventions, etc. not for the individual patron. Sorry, and I like Marriott hotels!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My young daughter and I had a wonderful stay here. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Everything was first class. Fitness room excellent and Olympic size lap pool. Located in down town Spartanburg and close to malls etc. I stay at a lot of Marriotts and would recommend this one .

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I walked into the lobby feeling a bit grubby and tired from the day and was greeted by smiles and a helpful staff at the front desk. They were very nice and helpful when I got lost between the parking deck and my room! My room was spacious, clean and comfortable, but free internet would have been nice. Bathrooms offered coffeemaker with coffee, tea, hairdryer, lotion, shampoo and conditioner. And, yes, I still iron and was glad to find a steam iron and ironing board I could use to press my dress. Parking deck is a great asset.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank betsypinkhouse
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was very convenient and very comfortable for my recent business trip to the area. It is close to a downtown that seems to be getting updated. New restaurants are popping up and old downtown buildings seem to be sustained by these new businesses.

The hotel itself is clean and comfortable, with updated amenities. You must pay for wi-fi, and even though they state that the lobby offers free wifi, it is somewhat spotty. But they have newly remodeled, from what they told me, and have a bar and restaurant. They also have a coffee bar serving Starbucks coffee, although they are limited as to the types of Starbucks drinks they can do.

This is a very nice hotel and convenient to the highways to get you where you need to go.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Mike N, General Manager at Spartanburg Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Chris H,
As a former resident of Fort Worth, I can appreciate the vitality brought about by a downtown revitalization, so I am pleased to hear that you recognize the new businesses springing up in support of the fine efforts made in downtown Spartanburg. I am also pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel. As you noted, we have recently renovated the restaurant and bar and are completing the guest rooms as well. On your next trip, you should notice an improved wi-fi availability as we replaced a faulty access point in the lobby area.
At your service,