All reviews the concierge lounge underground parking front desk beautiful hotel krispy kreme large hotel wofford college patio area conference center breakfast buffet visiting spartanburg no hot water spartanburg area business trip the room was nice comfy bed nice stay
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Our son is a student at Wofford College, so we have visited Spartanburg on a number of times. Spartanburg is pretty lacking in good hotels, and the Marriott is by far the nicest in town. The front desk staff is very friendly and the location is convenient for downtown. The rooms have been recently renovated and there is plenty of meeting space. With that said, it is probably a "B" level property for Marriott, but there isnt much competition in town.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Mike N, General Manager at Spartanburg Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear MaggieP,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your stay with us back in March. With a son at Wofford, I hope the Hotel has many opportunities to host you and your family. In time I hope that you will come to see the Hotel and our staff as "A" level, and will enjoy your home-away-from home in Spartanburg.
At your service,
Mike Nelson

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I didn't have a reservation on a Wed night, and was able to get a room. Front desk staff was very nice. Ate a light dinner in the bar area and again the staff (Leslie) was fabulous. Had an issue with the AC, I turned the AC to 68 when I left to grab dinner and 2 hours later when I opened the door it was a sauna in my room. I turned down the AC to 58 (I'm surprised it went that low!) and called maintenance who came up right away. His reader said the temp was 71 deg and immediately went to figure out the issue. In a few minutes my room was cool and I was comfortable the rest of the evening. Underground parking is a nice feature, however $12.95 for internet is ridiculous, but you can connect up to 4 devices in one room for that amount. I guess if you're sharing a room, it wouldn't be bad, but for one person, one night, it seems excessive.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side over look the pool, green area.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have not been at this hotel for 6 months and it was nice to see that they continue to update the décor, especially the rooms, which while clean and well kept, were showing their age.

The amenities let you relax and the gym offers a great selection of weights to help fight the travel food selections.

For war weary business travelers, helps to have a place that can call your "2nd home"

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Mike N, General Manager at Spartanburg Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear jh1253,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. Our renovations in the restaurant, the bar, the outdoor patio, the ballroom and now the guest rooms have really changed the face of the hotel for the better and given us a fresh look to go with our great service. I am glad you like what you see.
At your service,
Mike Nelson

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Really nice hotel.
Breakfast is great, and there's a fantastic pool on the outside.
Just a couple of blocks from Renato's, a terrific Italian restaurant.

Rooms are spacious, beds really comfortable, good internet, and the hotel has an underground complimentary parking which is an added value, considering there were some thunderstorms when I was there.
Also, the bar is good.
Definetively would get back.

Room Tip: Choose with back view. There's a big garden / green area, which is really nice.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 24, 2013

A very nice, well maintained, but failed to live up to its promises. No safe or refrigerator in the room. Not critical, but there advertising says they have both. The MOD says they have both, but only on some floors!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business