All reviewsthe concierge loungeunderground parkingfront deskbeautiful hotelkrispy kremelarge hotelwofford collegepatio areaconference centerbreakfast buffetvisiting spartanburgno hot waterspartanburg areabusiness tripthe room was nicecomfy bednice stay
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My home is Spartanburg, SC and I needed to stay one night for business/pleasure and was AMAZED!!
The downtown Marriott is a dream hotel in a small city...Modern, spacious, food to die for and in a very unique presentation.. They have a super chef that actually came to our table to check on the likes or dislikes of the menu..We were upgraded to a suite because it was a special occasion and totally surprised by the room size.
Please give Spartanburg Marriott a try..Drive into town instead of staying on the highway..
It is worth the extra effort!!!

Room Tip: High floor with views of Converse and Wofford College..
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike N, General Manager at Spartanburg Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Dear trinumeraltravel,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience online. It was truly our pleasure to host you for your special weekend, and we hope that you think of us again the next time a special occasion rolls around.
At your service,
Mike Nelson

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here several times and always the best!!! Super service and great attitude! They helped with every need we had and the rooms were beautiful! The lobby is beautiful. The only negative was that they were overbooked and we couldn't get into our room fast enough.

Room Tip: 8th or 9th floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife and I attended a SC State Lions Convention at the Spartanburg Marriott this past weekend. We enjoyed a newly renovated room on the 8th floor. Engineering came promptly when we reported a problem closing the safe. After fixing the safe he checked to see that we had no other issues with the room. The staff throughout the hotel were very friendly and attentive. It was a nostalgic surprise to have a shoe shine man available in the lobby. All our banquet meals and the breakfast buffets served to the conference attendees were excellent and our meeting rooms were comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was our 2nd stay at the Marriott in Spartanburg and it definitely lived up to our first experience. This time our entire family stayed here and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The people are very professional, friendly and courteous here. In a small town like Spartanburg, this is a very welcome location to say and explore the area. The breakfast is a great value - make sure to include this in your room rate. We'll defintely be staying here when we return in a few weeks.
The fitness center is also very well equipped!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I spent the weekend at the Spartanburg Marriott for my cousin's wedding. It was nice, but there were a couple things in my room that could've been cleaned better (bedroom wall and bathroom counter). About sixty of us came back to the bar Friday night after a party, and they did last call right after I got there. I worked at a Marriott bar years ago, and it was our policy to stay open if a crowd was there. It was disappointing that this policy was not in place here. We were at the bar before the party, and Lindzy did a nice job waiting on our group of about twenty. The rooms were spacious with a nice sized fridge. I didn't get to enjoy their outside area, but it looked really cool with corn hole boards set up. They have a parking garage with free parking, and that's always a good thing. The breakfast buffet was very good! I'd definitely stay there again if I were to return to Spartanburg. A tip: There are blinds behind the sheer curtains, but they are hard to find and use. But they are there if you want less light coming through in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends