All reviewsthe concierge loungeunderground parkingfront deskbeautiful hotelkrispy kremelarge hotelwofford collegepatio areaconference centerbreakfast buffetvisiting spartanburgno hot waterspartanburg areabusiness tripthe room was nicecomfy bednice stay
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Arrived at 1 am after traveling across the country. Gold member and arrived to find they have my room away despite a prepaid guaranteed reservation. I stay at Hilton's and Marriots all the time. I will never stay here again. This is unheard of.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Plc21
Mike N, General Manager at Spartanburg Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Plc21,
As reservations are meant to ensure comfort will be available to you as expected when you arrive at your destination, I can empathize with your dismay, displeasure and anger when you arrived at our hotel. I apologize for not living up to the promise of providing you the comfort you expected. I hope your visit to Spartanburg was successful for you and I am sorry for the inconvenience and stress we caused you so late into the night.
Mike Nelson

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We always stay here when visiting family or when here on business. The lounge is excellent and the restaurant food is good as well. It's located within walking distance from downtown restaurants and clubs.

Dear BStreet,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is our pleasure to provide your home away from home when you are visiting your family or coming to Spartanburg on business, and I'm pleased to hear you are enjoying our newly renovated lounge, mesh, and newly created menus in our restaurant, Sparks. We look forward to your return visits.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Great Hotel with Staff that knows what proper customer service means. Great place to watch the game. Great location and easy access to interstate and only a 5 minute drive to USC Upstate.
Will highly recommend to all and the next time I am in Spartanburg, this will be the hotel of choice.

Marriott should be proud.

1  Thank Beachfinder66
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Hi-
In my 8 years of traveling and staying at Marriotts, I have never once complained about anything - until now.

I landed last night in Greenville SC around 915pm to find a message from the manager of the Marriott Spartunburg on my voicemail saying that they overbooked the hotel and needed to move me. NORMALLY, I would not be bothered by this. It has happened several times to me in the past. HOWEVER, the city was sold out and she tried to accomodate me at a Comfort Inn. UNACCEPTABLE. If the hotel is comparable in quality, I would be fine with it. But simply put, Comfort Inn IS NOT.
I enjoy staying at Marriotts and tend to stay 50+ nights a year at your properties ( I realize in the scheam of things, MANY stay many more nights than I do).

The reason I stay at Marriotts is they are consistent to the last Marriott. Anywhere in the world you stay, you know what you are getting. I like that.

I guess my biggest issue is the lack of loyalty you have for your award members. As someone who chooses to stay at Marriotts every week, WE should be rewarded when situations like these occur- not the customers who are not loyal to Marriott.

When the airlines overbook, those who have Executive Platnium, Platium and Gold status are accomodated - because not only are their customers loyal to the airline, but the airline is loyal to their CUSTOMERS.
I learned last night, Marrriott clearly is not.
I also learned at the end of the day, loyalty does not matter at Marriott - which is disapointing to hear after I have been loyal to Marriotts over the last 8 years

I will NEVER stay at the Marriott in Greenville after last night and I travel to SC 6x per year. The service was unacceptable. Great the manager was giving it her best effort to be nice, but in no way did she accomodate me. Instead, I was stuck at a dump of a hotel (Holiday Inn), where I couldnt even buy a bottle of water.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank julialeigh78
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Very nice hotel. I stayed on points so don't know what the cost would have been otherwise but it's definitely worth paying more than you would for any other in the area. Spartanburg is very small so getting around is not a problem anyway but this hotel is right next to Wofford and the Spartanburg auditorium. It's a stone's throw from Converse and USC-Upstate. It's right next to downtown. The pool was closed for the season but there is a huge deck and pool just like a resort. The fitness room is absolutely top notch. One of the best I've ever seen and I travel a lot. The rooms were clean and parking is easy and protected from the elements underneath the hotel. Lighting was good, a complaint I read in another review so they must have listened and improved it. Though we did not eat onsite, there looked to be a couple of good options and a large area for eating and sports viewing. This is a full service hotel, without question. I have 3 minor complaints. 1, it's a nuisance to take one elevator from the garage and another to your room. 2, there is a very small fridge in the room but it's too small to hold anything and at least in our room, it was a giant opportunity to stub your toe and 3, THE TRAINS. You cannot escape the trains come early, early morning and like another reviewer, I was woken up around 3 and again around 4 to 4:30 by train whistles. It's not Marriott's fault other than they picked the site (which is perfect in every other way) but it's enough to knock the review from 5 to a 4.

1  Thank 2BEis2SKI