“Ideal Location in downtown Spartanburg, SC”

Spartanburg Marriott
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Spartanburg
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The Marriott is a very nice place to stay. The lobby, bar and restaurants had a good feel to them. Very open yet cozy. The restaurant had a good variety meal options at very reasonable prices.
Hotel room was comfortable and linens and sheets were excellent. The bathroom could have used a magnifier mirror, and it would have been nice to have free wi-fi in the room, although I know that is pretty standard.

Parking was free, easy and plentiful.

Only downside is there was no shuttle service - evidently they don't offer it on Mondays - even though I only needed to travel 2 blocks from the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Spartanburg Marriott

Reviewed October 8, 2012

BMW put my husband & I up there for one night. Dinner & breakfast included. Top drawer place, friendly, clean, outstanding services. Breakfast was outrageous & dinner was grand....service excellent. The only complaint I have is that there was no decaf coffee, only regular out in the lobby. Due to medical reasons, we both can not drink regular coffee. I an suggesting that you put both regular & decaf coffee in the lobby. Everything else was WONDERFUL.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We visited relatives in Spartanburg and stayed in this hotel. Didn't, therefore, spend much time on premises or get to try the dining...looked good. Facilities were clean and neat. Nice, large, pleasant room. Staff was friendly and accommodating. One tip is to put 'Spartanburg Marriott' into your iphone map. 'Marriott Spartanburg' will get you to the Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have stayed at the Spartanburg Marriott many times, and I have never been disappointed. The rooms are always clean and well-maintained, and the service is always friendly. The bar area has been recently updated, and the outdoor area is absolutely splendid. Some friends and I sat out there and enjoyed live music with our a few nights ago, and it was such a great ambiance!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I was in Spartanburg, South Carolina visiting family in the area with my husband. We enjoyed a suite for our anniversary there with a living room, dining area in a private room, bedroom in a private room with a clean huge bathroom, toilet in a private room, and nice shower and tub. The bed was clean and very comfortable. There was central air all throughout the rooms and was very comfortable. The staff was exceptional and kindly accommodated us in a great room with a great view of downtown Spartanburg as requested. This is a nice Marriott hotel, clean rooms, highly recommended and I would not hesitate to return there again when visiting my family there again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the higher floors 4 and above have great views of the pool and downtown Spartanburg, es...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Nice hotel! Nice spacious room, nice bathroom and very clean. Having free parking was also nice. Only complaint was having to pay for wifi. This is 2012 and I would think that would be standard at ALL hotels. I stayed here for a conference but would have chosen a different hotel had a realized the charge for wifi. Having said that, the staff were wonderful!!! Very professional and very kind. Always passing some staff that greeted me and asked if I needed anything.

Room Tip: I personally thing rooms facing the pool have a better view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Located only a few minutes off of Rt 85, easy to find with gps. Well worth the stay, the hotel is also a convention facility, grand hallways, deluxe rooms , underground parking is easy to access. We were greeted by staff ,explained the facility, and rooms were very adequate . They just spent over a million redoing there bar and restaurant area,and a Starbucks, and stated they were going to start redoing all the rooms. For the price and facility , I enjoyed our stay.. Definitely on my future stay when in the area.. Watch out for the hot Krispy Kreme store across the street..those hot fresh donuts are tempting.

Room Tip: Ask front desk staff for choice.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business