All reviewsthe concierge loungeunderground parkingfront deskbeautiful hotelkrispy kremelarge hotelwofford collegepatio areaconference centerbreakfast buffetvisiting spartanburgno hot waterspartanburg areabusiness tripthe room was nicecomfy bednice stay
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Spent one night at the Spartanburg Marriott to attend a wedding.

The lobby is well lit, attractive (lots of marble) and immense (quite a pity that the space could not be used more efficiently).

Check-in is fast and cordial. All the staff we came in contact with are well trained, neatly dressed and friendly. Kudos to the human resources department and management.

Room key is required in the elevator to access the floors which is a nice security feature. Our room was large, clean and well furnished. Comfortable bed and pillows.

Free parking is available in the underground garage.

A well run Marriott with excellent value for the price.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Truckstop39
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I went here for 4 days during this last week for a business trip. This was a very nice Marriott with marble floors and staircases. The staff was exceptionally friendly with their southern hospitality. This was a BMW event for dealers. BMW's factory for the sport utility is in Spartanburg along with the performance driving school. I am sure they are used to holding events for BMW here so they are congnicent of the relationship, but I truly thought this was an exceptional Hotel. They recently remodeled the restaurant and bar area and it is gorgeous. They have a very nice facility with an fabulous outdoor seating area with fire pits and comfortable seating. The last time I was went for an event we stayed at the Greenville Marriott and it was nice too with exceptional staff as well however this one was just over the top. The rooms were clean with nice amenities. The rooms were big as were the bathrooms. The only complaint (and it is small) was they kept replenishing my coffee with decaf. They did bring me up regular on the second day when I finally called. I am just not one to call to have something delivered to my room although I am sure that is what they want us to do. Overall it was a fabulous stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor to get a good view. I was on the 3rd floor and I had a view of the roof. I saw another room on the 6th floor and it was much nicer.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I travel almost ever week throughout US and Canada, and the Spartanburg Marriott is one of the very best hotels I have ever stayed in. The chef prepared high quality food, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the room accommodations were excellent. I could highly recommend this hotel and restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times over the last 4 months. Each time the experience is the same. The staff is welcoming and attentive and the hotel is immaculate. I have also eaten in the restaurant and food and service is the same, exceptional. You will definitely be pleased when you select the Marriott in Spartanburg.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I made the mistake of staying at the Holiday inn express for the first two nights that I was in Spartanburg... I paid about the same in price but the room quality, room size and above all the personel were so much better at the Marriott.

The infrastructure of the hotel is great, the people who work there, from the maids who went out of their way to help, to the efficent Front Desk all the way up to the GM, they all did a fantastic job... I will most certainly return.

Room Tip: High floors have great views
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo