“Nice hotel with great service”

Spartanburg Marriott
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Spartanburg
California
“Nice hotel with great service”
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Recently spent a night at the Spartanburg Marriott. I had an upgraded corner king room which was rather huge! Too bad it was only for one night. Everything about the room was in typical Marriott fashion, but of a slightly oder design. My only complaint is that the outlets near the bed where behind the side table.

We had drinks in the sports bar and returned there for dinner. The service was a bit slow due to some new personnel but it wasn't a problem and the food was excellent.

For the frequent Marriott guest, there wasn't a concierge lounge, but the hotel offered complimentary breakfast for gold+ members. The bar also had several tables available where I saw people working so there must have been ready access to outlets.

All in all, it was a very nice stay and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank SoCalDixieGal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed November 12, 2011

A wonderful stay!! The hotel is within walking distance to the downtown area! The rooms were spacious and overlooked the city!! The restaurant had a wonderful breakfast buffet!! Enjoyed the stay!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Here for a quick trip and use of the conference facilities. I was irritated at first, because my reservation was not filled properly (and I am an Elite rewards member). Turned out that someone else had blocked me a room. You would think they would have honored my reservation under my rewards account. Anyway, the hotel is very nice inside and out. The lobby is stunning. Rooms were typical Marriott. The hallways seemed a bit worn. The restaurants are nice, but IMO the food is a little overpriced. I felt like I was paying prices that I would pay in a bigger city like Chicago or Atlanta, not Spartanburg, SC. Still, it wasn't completely outrageous. The conference facilities were great, and despite a hiccup in setup, the staff bent over backwards to fix the oversight. I appreciated their attention to detail and comp of beverages to our meeting. The fitness facility was above average and had several cardio machines, dumbbells, and a few machines, so you could get a good workout. The outdoor pool looked very nice as well. I would stay here again. I'm told its the best hotel in Spartanburg.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Long Island, New York
Reviewed October 29, 2011

This is a comfortable business hotel. First of all, for some reason this hotel is hard to find on older GPS models, like the kind from Avis, so have a backup GPS system or check directions before driving out to this hotel. The rooms have a very comfortable bed, if you like very soft beds, the desk has ports built into the desk which cut down on the having to scavenge under the desk for a plug and wireless was reliable and always fast enough to watch videos online. The gym is decent. It has a couple of treadmills and elliptical machines, and some free weights. It's not huge, but on par with an average hotel of this class. You do however have to bring your own headphones and water is not provided. There are a couple of options to eat at the hotel, all decent. Each morning the breakfast buffet makes for a convenient option, and surprisingly has a balance between comfort selections and healthier fare. At night the bar, while not very active, has a lounge feel to it. There is a section outside with fire pits to sit by. The best part of this hotel hershey absolutely friendly and helpful staff. You just couldn't even begin to expect this type of staff in Manhattan. And parking is free and easy to get in and out of. In the end, not a terribly exciting place to stay, but definitely comfortable in all the right places when on a business trip

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Bruin2009
tampa
Reviewed October 27, 2011

This by far the best hotel in Spartanburg and they know it. They have taken out their car rental office, are renovating the top floor, which we heard at exactly 9am, have a shuttle bus, but have taken away airport shuttle, and there was no one at the front desk at 7am. I had to wait 15 minutes for someone to help me. Besides those few things, it is a beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: Ask them if renovations are still going on and if they are, request a room below the 8th floor. They...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Akshay B, General Manager at Spartanburg Marriott, responded to this review, October 29, 2011
Good Afternoon,

I want to apologize for any inconvinience that we have may have caused you during your last stay. I have shared this feedback with the management team and wanted to ensure you that these items have already been addressed.

We are in process of opening the Concierge Lounge and expect to open on November 15th, 2011. We have also added WIFI internet for all the guest rooms & meeting space in mid October. We have not only added additional WIFI access points throughout the Hotel but have increased our wireless speed up to 45MBPS. I want to apologize again as these projects may have caused the noise early in the morning. We are trying our best to ensure that we don't block rooms close to the these projects as we make these improvements.

As for the Hertz rental, they have relocated to a new location close to the Hotel & we not only offer Hertz now but are also working with Enterprise so you could be picked up right at the location. Reading from your response I understand that we did not offer you these options and I have addressed this feedback with our Front Office team. Currently, we only provide Airport shuttle service for large group's as requested or contracted. We will look into your suggestion about adding this service for all guests.

Thank you again for choosing Spartanburg Marriott. We look forward to having you back again. Please email me directly when you are back in town and I will personally ensure that we make up for your past experience.

Akshay Bahl
akshay.bahl@marriott.com
US
Reviewed September 30, 2011

There is still some ongoing work on the parking area, and there is not yet a concierge lounge. Other than that, very nice Marriott. Full of business travelers during the weekday. The bar/terrace restaurant is quite nice, with good food - better than expected for a Marriott. Lobby is spacious and clean. Rooms are pretty standard Marriott rooms, but modern and clean as well.

Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank OilIsle
Hello,

Thank you for your comments & feedback. Our Concierge Lounge project is under way currently & we are expecting to open the lounge by November 15th, 2011. The improvements in Parking lot have already been completed.

We look forward to having you back again. Thank you again for choosing Marriott Spartanburg.

Akshay Bahl
akshay.bahl@marriott.com
New York, NY
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I have stayed in several hotels in the Spartanburg area for work, and the Marriott is by far the nicest. The price is very fair considering the luxurious rooms, full-sized and well-appointed gym, large outdoor pool, and quality dining options on site. The free underground parking is also a perk. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a stay of any length in Spartanburg.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business