“very good for business meet”

Spartanburg Marriott
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Spartanburg
Bangkok, Thailand
“very good for business meet”
Reviewed July 3, 2011

very good place for a business meet, nice bar and restaurant,lovely suurounding with lot of greenery,good service

Room Tip: higher floors for good view
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Inman, South Carolina
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Just stayed here for two nights for business trip and it was wonderful! They are the epitome of customer service. Employees see you during the day and go out of their way to say, "Hi! How are you?" or even "Hi again!" I really felt comfortable during my stay. Was missing a room service breakfast order form on day 2 and all I had to do was ask - it was brought up in 2 minutes flat with a cheerful smile.

This is one of the best Marriotts ever - highly recommend - A++++++. Did not have a chance to check out workout room or sauna, but breakfast (room service) was great; the 229 bar or something named to that effect (in hotel) had great food, and employees/staff were wonderful. Made about 15 copies for me at the front desk and loaned me their stapler. NO complaints whatsoever with this nice place.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank airport_brat
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed May 11, 2011

i had to come to Spartanburg for a furneral never stayed in a hotel there before..This hotel without a doubt is the best I have seen. From the time i hit the door everyone so nice and helpful. The rooms were amazing, clean, clean, clean....Decor was beautiful, the bed best sleep ever. Have to see about buying that bed !!!. I really cant say enough. If i ever come back i will stay there. So anyone reading this if you are concerned about cleaniness, customer service, comfort...THIS IS THE PLACE TO STAY IN SPARTANBURG SC. Oh the main lobby elegant!!!

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Goldie2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Overall:

I stayed at this Marriott for business in the end of April/beginning of May. The best two parts about this hotel are its value and service. For Marriott quality the room rates at this hotel are hard to beat. It offers free parking, a great workout room and a bar and restaurant. It doesn't give off great luxury, but for the price it is quite worth it.

Location:

The hotel is located a few blocks from the small downtown area. A handful of restaurants and shops are there. Overall, it is in a good location for downtown, is about 20 minutes from the airport and within short drives of some of the area's universities.

Rooms:

The rooms were a good size, and very clean, but they're pretty standard. I've stayed at a number of Marriott hotels and these rooms were more on the average category. On the plus side the bathroom and general room size are better than average. The styling, decoration, cottage cheese ceilings etc gave it a slight older or worn appearance.

Service:

The service, throughout the hotel, was outstanding. Check-in and check-out were quick, all requests were honored, restaurant service was great and the rooms (housekeeping) were well-kept.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank cruzca
Reviewed April 3, 2011

I stayed at this hotel recently and found it to be wonderful! I travel lots with my husbands job and this hotel was the epitome of Southern Hospitality. From check in to check out my stay felt as if I was staying with family. Check in was a breeze. I had requested a King size room but was put in a double. I know from travel that a request is just that. You are NEVER guaranteed a specific room unless you pay extra for a suite. The front desk graciously upgraded us to a suite. The attendant walked us to the elevator and pointed out the restaurant and lounge. The room was spacious and comfortable. I appreciated the cooler that kept our cold things cold (other reviewers called it a fridge but if you look carefully it is not. Most hotels don't automatically offer a fridge so a cooler is very nice to have!). At breakfast we enjoyed Dupre's. We were greeted by a warm and friendly hostess named Caroline. The server, Sara was very busy so Caroline got us started. She took the time to ask about our stay and she was very genuine. She even remembered my husband and his "weird" drink from a visit over a year ago. Sara was a very friendly server and was very attentive to us. We could tell that the ladies in the restaurant love what they do. Another bright spot was the shoeshine man! He new EVERYTHING about Spartanburg. I wish that we had more time but we will be returning in June for an extended visit and I am sure that it will be just as great! A tidbit for travellers: no full service Marriotts offer free Internet. Full service means that you are paying for for service therefore you get nothing included. If you will notice at limited service there will be 1 person at the front, a couple of housekeepers and sometimes 1 other putting out a very limited breakfast buffet. Limited means everything may be included in the price but there is no attention to detail or true care. Full service hotels have MANY employees so they can offer more amenities. Also, if you are attending a banquet the food offerings are the choice of the planner not the hotel. Usually if the food is limited or subpar it is because the planner choose it to be.

• Stayed March 2011
eastern US
Reviewed February 10, 2011

I stayed at this Marriott in January 2011. It appeared to be fairly new and in good shape. It was well decorated. The layout was a bit funny, but no big deal. All of the employees I met seemed genuinely willing to help. There is a restaurant and bar located in the main level. Dinner in the bar was good, and breakfast in the restaurant was above average. There was a nice fitness room. Parking is free, but internet is not. My room was nice and clean, and had a reasonably nice view. When I return to this area, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
sunland
Reviewed December 5, 2010

This hotel gave us great service. We went for the HOG Ralley to surprise my brother. When we got there we were booked on the same floor as my brother and were not to surprise him until the next day. I asked the hotel to put us on another floor and they did with no problems. We got a suite. It was lovely, and the service and people were fabulous.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family