“Great Hotel for Spartanburg”

Spartanburg Marriott
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Spartanburg
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Hotel for Spartanburg”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2007

The Spartanburg Marriott is an excellent hotel with a friendly staff. The best place to stay while in Spartanburg! Its perfect location has it nestled next to downtown and Morgan Square, the Chapman Cultural Center and beautiful Wofford College. Def. make sure to check out all of the above!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — parking
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank perrowah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for one night for business, and I was completely disappointed with the experience. The bed and bathroom linens were of poor quality and worn out, and the rest of the room was just so-so. The Internet access didn't work for most of my stay, which was annoying, and the staff didn't seem to care at all. Overall, service in this hotel was poor. I wanted to have a late lunch (around 2:00) in the bar/casual restaurant that was supposed to be open all day, but I sat there for about 10 minutes and there was no staff help to be found anywhere. I ended up leaving, angry and hungry. But maybe it was best that I didn't eat the food. I found the hotel restaurant's breakfast buffet to be underwhelming. I'm not familiar with the other hotel options in Spartanburg, but if you stay here you should have low expectations.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
Lexington, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2007

I would not stay there again!!! The staff shut the pool down and wouldn't let us hang around the pool area to socialize. It's not a hotel for children. I think the staff prowls around looking for kids to be mean to.

Stayed July 2007
Orange Beach, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2007

Very pretty hotel with friendly staff, ladies in bar/grill were particularly nice but all were pleasant.
I travel to big cities more often then not where you pay upwards of $ 600.00 a night for a great hotel and sometimes I forget that for $ 200.00 or so you can get a really nice place to stay, and this fit that bill.
Breakfast buffet was a wonderful bargain and although the restaurant was closed that Monday evening, the bar was open and the food was pretty good. Bar was very cool with tv's galore, even some in the wood columns.
Would highly recommend.

Stayed June 2007
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2006

Attended the 2006 Euro Auto Festival, and stayed at the Marriott. Extremely nice. Huge and well-appointed public rooms, obviously under-utilized. Several and fast elevators, no waiting. Comfortable, clean rooms. Nice restaurant. Great underground parking, especially important to those who are fussy about their cars. Only complaint is they charged $9.95 per day for internet access. Having just come from Charleston, where we paid over twice as much for much less, I would certainly recommend this as a place to stay.

• Stayed October 2006
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2006

We stayed at this hotel on September 15th for one night. It was after midnight when we checked in, and the front desk staff was very courteous. The room was quite spacious, and the bathroom was large as well. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the room was quiet. (Except for the loud-mouthed guests out in the hall in the middle of the night! This is not the hotel's fault, but the result of highly inconsiderate people thinking only of themselves.) As we left fairly early the next morning for the Biltmore, we didn't eat at the restaurant. However the gal at the coffee/snack bar was very friendly and the muffins and coffee/tea were fresh. I would stay at this location again.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2006

I stayed at the hotel while travelling on business. As I drive up to the hotel, I realize that the hotel is next to the largest funeral home I've ever seen - wait, but that's not the worst part. I ordered dinner and after 1 hour and nothing shows up. I call down to the front desk and they tell me that they're on their way. Thirty minutes later the guy shows up with a can of soda and a side salad, none of which I ordered. I called down again to the manager on staff and all I got from the her was that she would send up my meal. Another 30 minute passes and NOTHING. After two frustrating hours, I went to bed without a meal after an 8 hour travel day.

• Liked — The room /property was clean
  • Disliked — Front Desk Service & Funeral Home
  • Stayed August 2006