“Fresh!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have been twice to the Farmer's Table with my family and both times we had wonderful meals. The service is friendly and attentive, and the atmosphere relaxing. I look forward to cooler weather so that we can sit on the outside deck on a beautiful day. My favorites are the seafood tacos which are light and fresh, and the buffalo burger - awesome. I also bought a can of their raspberry tea bags because it tasted so good on a hot day. Lunchtime gets quite busy on a weekday so arrive early although I did enjoy my lunch sitting at the bar one time, and was very comfortable.

2  Thank Gracie M

Reviewed June 14, 2012

There are plenty of places in Spartanburg to get deep fried whatever and burgers. This place serves high quality, truly gourmet food. The portions were perfect and their dinner menu is heads and shoulders above every other in Spartanburg I have seen. Entrees were perfect, dessert was phenomenal, and everything made local and fresh. And absolutely fantastic prices!! A+

1  Thank Taylor M
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This particular location has been home to several restaurants since I've lived in Spartanburg for the past eight years and, if the sheer number of people to pack a restaurant are any indication, The Farmer's Table will be there a long time.

My husband and I stopped in for lunch on a weekday and found the restaurant practically full. There were a couple of large parties that seemed to be celebrating something, business people, ladies-who-lunch, college-aged girls, families - you name it.

Service was quick and competent, though, and we never felt neglected. The restaurant's entire premise is to serve as much locally sourced food as possible and the menu lists where each food item was obtained. I had the Franklin Melt - turkey (Boar's Head, which isn't local but it's good quality), mushrooms, bacon, Swiss cheese on locally baked honey wheat bread. It was a large sandwich and very good. My husband had the free-range burger which he said was excellent; I nabbed a couple of his french fries and they were really good - crispy and light. As we were eating, more and more people were coming in the restaurant until every table was full. There is an outside patio that was full as well. Some had to sit at the counter in the front of the restaurant; we noticed they do a good take-out business as well. So be aware that right after noon is an extremely busy time. They had a good handle on it, though, and we had no problems with service or food.

They also serve breakfast and dinner and are open on Sundays for brunch. They are not open on Mondays, which I discovered this week when I wanted to take my mother and daughter there for lunch. We will definitely return another time.

2  Thank SusanWS26
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My wife and I had a wonderfully prepared breakast. They offer of number of "different" choices using local products. The staff was very attentive to our needs and the owner stopped by and greeted us. Very FAVORABLE first time experience. I'm planning to take my management team there for lunch this week.

1  Thank uihwki
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I have been here a few times, and have enjoyed my meal both times. The new jack is a fantastic sandwich that has a ton of flavor. I highly recommend it. Breakfast and lunch portions are great, however the menu changes for dinner and it seems, unless you get a burger that all the items on the dinner menu are smaller. The service is very good and I love that the restaurant gets everything locally and Organicly if possible. The owner normally walks around and talks to people, and the service is great. I highly recommend for breakfast and lunch, I don't think you'll be disappointed.