“Meat-a-palooza”

Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food, extensive salad bar, best Brazilian food we've had since visiting Brazil. I had to convince my husband to turn his card over so we could leave.

There are newer reviews for Brasilia Churrasco Steakhouse

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in on the spur of the moment and really enjoyed our meal. We got the Sunday afternoon prices, $5.00 off. The servers were nice, atmosphere is cool and quiet. The salad bar is amazing, and I would be happy with just that option. I enjoyed the meats, lots of bacon wrapped selections including chicken and beef. My favorite is the pineapple. The food was cooked appropriately and seasoned nicely. We opted for dessert, it's a little pricey at $6 each and is large enough to share. Overall we had a great experience and will go there again.

1  Thank Jwl300
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I am a long-time resident of Spartanburg who eats out about once per week. I have to say that this place is really something special. To begin with, the salad bar is well stocked with quite a variety of items. They have the first salad bar I've seen with Caesar salad ready at all times. Aside from salad ingredients, they have soup, pasta, seafood and various cheeses.

Of course, the real reason to come is the meat. The concept is beautiful in its simplicity. Turn the coaster on your table to indicate whether or not you want the servers to offer you one of their dozen or more different meat selections. They bring it fresh and hot, and carve off as much as you want. As long as you want it, the meat keeps on coming. If you get tired, or want another trip to the salad bar, flip the coaster. Ready for more, flip it back.

The decoration is rather stark, to be honest. And most of the servers are polite, but terse. The first time I visited, I expected more of a formal atmosphere. However, it seems to be pretty casual. I've seen baseball teams visit in uniform, for example. But, these gripes are pretty minor once you taste the food. Yeah. It costs $30. But you won't have to try very hard to eat your money's worth in short order.

Skip lunch and come hungry.

1  Thank the_tool_man
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I decided to eat here for my birthday and invited another couple with us. Upon entrance, the first thing I noticed was how cold it was inside, we had to ask for the air to be turned up or off, which the waitress was accommodating. The second thing is that the layout is not cozy or intimate. It's a large open space and needs some privacy. It looks like they tried but just not quite there yet. The staff were friendly and the manager was helpful and friendly. Now the food, the salad bar was very good, had an assortment of cheese and crackers, salads, veggies and fruit, seafood and cold meats as well. There was a good variety and it was tasty. I will say I was disappointed in the meat, it states 16 different types of meat but we were only offered 7. My friend explained she preferred well done meat and they forgot so I asked a second time and finally she got one choice of well done steak and by that time she was full from salad and the sides, oh those are pretty good too. They are potatoes and gravy, broccoli and Alfredo sauce and black beans and rice, those are all warm. Anyway, back to the meat, it was okay. If I am being honest, most had little flavor and like I shared, we didn't have much to chose from. My friends enjoyed the sausage and chicken wrapped bacon. I tried sirloin, didn't care for it and garlic steak which was ok. I did like the chicken wrapped bacon and when we first sat down they had ribs but we never saw them again. So to wrap it up, I will say it is overpriced for what you get and you get better deals earlier in the day but when I made the reservation online, it only had one time to chose from. I think everyone should try it for themselves but I wouldn't return and if I did, I would chose salad bar only and when it's cheaper. I will say, customer service is good and that helped and I appreciated being acknowledged!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

For our 18th anniversary we dined at Cowboy. Our first time in Spartanburg, but we have dined at Cowboy in Columbia and in N. Charleston. We are fans! We love the variety on the buffet and the meats. We were greeted by our beloved manager, Bruce. We arrived for an early dinner and they were running a Wednesday, ladies @ 50% special which made this even more enticing. Mind you, we have no problem paying the full $30 per person and we feel is well worth it, but if you can get what you like for half off, I say go for it! The atmosphere was pleasant and wait staff friendly. I think there were about 7 different kinds of meat that came out in a timely manner. We definitely were well fed. The desserts were wonderful with a new one on the menu Tequila Mango.

1  Thank HHAdmiral