“Never Again”

Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Spartanburg
Liverpool
“Never Again”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel, along with 10 others, during April 2012 as part of a 17 day road trip across GA, NC, SC. By giving the star rating I am not saying the hotel is a 1 star but whether it was clean and value for the money and to an extent we have compared then to the other 10 hotels we stayed at.

This was the motel type where your room door opens onto the car park and maybe is not as safe as a traditional hotel. On the other hand you can park directly outside your room and just be careful.

On arrival we were allocated a king bedded room which tends to give more space than a twin queen size bedded room.

The room, 117, was terrible with badly stained carpets, chair and bed covers and also badly maintained. The TV was too blurry to watch, the basin plug was jammed so the water would not drain, the bathroom (toilet/shower part) was tiny and the one of the towels seemed to have makeup on it (I don't think it had been washed) I would not have stayed except the bed linen and the rest of the towels seemed ok and we were only there for one night.

The included breakfast was the usual offering of cereal, toast and coffee and just about OK.

This was one of the most expensive Days Inns where we stayed at about £66 per night. It was also the worst and not good value. I would not stay here again under any circumstances.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Globe-spanner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bethany Beach, DE
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Stayed in room 101, king, in boiling springs days inn. I guess it's considered Spartanburg too. Very clean and roomy. Normal continental bkfst in lobby. Cereal, bagels, waffles, etc. Very reasonable price. Quiet and safe. Very nice desk staff. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
PA
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed here overnight on our way South and it was terrible. Filthy. The place reeked of mold and god knows what else. Not worthy of the Days Inn name brand. I would never stay here again. Ever.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank isilwath
Reviewed November 5, 2010

This hotel is repulsive. There was hair clogged in the hairdryer, black greasy handprints on the wall, blood splattered on the curtain. The furniture was coated in dust, as were the coat racks and closet shelves. I had peeled the fitted and top sheet off the bed and left it on a pile on the floor so the maid could provide fresh linens. She simply picked up the linens and remade the bed with them. The ice tray had dust and hair in it, my pillow smelled of someones cheap cologne. I was also leaving my room for the day, and had asked a houskeeper if she would please clean my room. She rolled her eyes and muttered "jesus christ" and then turned her back. The carpet smelled like feet and stirred up a cloud of funk whenever walked on. The sheets were threadbare and the blankets had cigarette burn holes in them. I should have stayed in my car. I don't understand why the heath department allows the Dirty Days Inn to remain open.

• Stayed November 2010
3 Thank saltynoodle
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Very friendly staff, great location.. close to 85 and still quiet. Place is kept nicely. I typically stay at higher-end hotels and was expecting very little, although I was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
South Eastern WI
Reviewed July 24, 2010

It was late at night and we just wanted room to sleep for a few hours. Unfortunately, I’ve slept in a sleeping bag on a rocky ground that was more comfortable! I think this mattress was made early in the last century!! Our son even asked how much we paid for this room. The room was clean enough that I did not have to keep one eye open for crawlers, but it wouldn’t have mattered with the condition of the beds. Although, I don’t think I would have allowed anyone to sleep on the floor. If you want an inexpensive night and don’t care about sleeping comforts then this hotel is for you.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank JMB92
charlotte nc
Reviewed December 15, 2009

I'm not really sure why the reviews are good, the place is really old and run down. The manager was friendly, convenient location, but the place was a dump. The room looked clean, but yet didn't feel clean. The housekeeper was very nosy. After checking in, I left to get lunch, and took my duffle bag with me as I always do. Sorry housekeeping, I just dont trust ya with my things! As I was walking to my car the housekeeper yelled down to me and asked if I was checking out? Um, no. I guess if you're just passing through it would be okay for a night, but I'd never stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business