“A regular stop” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Spartanburg
Elloree, South Carolina
“A regular stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

This is the third time that I have stayed at this property. The front desk staff are always friendly. The rooms are always clean...very clean. It is conveniently located to Interstate 26 and numerous restaurants. The prices are fair. I will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MTFleming

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

Great customer services, great breakfast, great room... everyone should stay here

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jenny x
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Newer hotel. Nice clean pool and workout facility. Breakfast was above average with crispy bacon, warm cinnamon rolls, biscuits and gravy and all the other usual things. The staff was very pleasant even with a "full house" in the breakfast area. Parking lot was well lit even in the back. Very close to the highway and close to many stores and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank travelite24
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2010

Stayed at this hotel (895 Spartan Blvd., Westgate Mall I-26 & US29) on my way to Florida for a wedding. It was just a "pit stop" for me, I was travelling alone, just a place to sleep for the night. I use Holiday Inn Express alot, they are clean and fine. The only problem I had at this one was that I had made my reservations at least a month prior to the visit, and specifically requested 1st floor, handicap accessible, roll-in shower. Upon my arrival, after driving 546 miles by myself that day, I was told that room was not available, as the guest that was in it had decided to stay over an extra night. Well, I have been in this situation before, only I was the guest staying over, and I have been told I would have to vacate the room for another room as someone had a reservation for the room I was in, so I wasn't real happy to learn that instead I would have to take a room type I did not want, nor could use easily, as I have limited mobility. It took the clerk a long time to search for another type of room, not sure why that is, why is that so complicated? Finally the manager offered to check with the Hampton Inn. At this point it was dark outside, it is a busy area and my eyesight is not great, so I declined and took the room they could give me on the 1st floor. Other than this irritation, the place was clean, the carpet looked newer and I slept well.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2010

While traveling to Hilton Head Island we stopped here for the night, planning to arrive at HH the next day. My father in law had made the reservations for him and us (2 rooms: us w/2 adults and 2 kids, and him with my mother-in-law and grandfather-in-law), and when we arrived, check-in went quickly. At check-in we requested a crib for our 2 year old and they were quick to deliver it.

Our rooms were on the 1st floor, the first 2 side-by-side just past the lounge area. Initially I was concerned about noise and traffic back and forth past our room disturbing us and the kids, but the room was amazingly quiet. We were able to leave the A/C fan on continuously and that helped mask any extraneous noises.

There's was a manager "meet and greet" which I thought was a nice touch. The manager was friendly and personable, but not intrusive or "fake". Drinks and snacks were provided (beer, wine, and some very tasty egg rolls and sauce).

The hotel is very near a mall, which was convenient for dinner out that evening. Plenty of places to choose from.

The indoor pool was very nice and we all had some fun there before bed. The beds were comfortable and the continental breakfast was plentiful and delicious, for what it was.

We were so impressed with this hotel that we chose another Holiday Inn Express on our return trip, and had basically the same positive experience. That's very encouraging!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
mt. pleasant, sc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2009

I knew going in that this wasn't going to be a "grand" hotel experience. What I needed was someplace clean and comfortable to land on the way to Asheville. We are a bit picky about hotels: room must be QUIET, beds must be comfortable and all must be clean. I've stayed in rat traps before and don't intend to do so again!

This hotel met all of those criteria. It was also conveniently located near I-26 and very near shopping and two movie theaters.

The room wasn't terribly big, but the beds were nice and firm and the pillows were comfy. I think the beds were doubles instead of queens (I thought they were going to be queens, but I might have misread), so it made for a cozy night for the 4 of us. Everything appeared to be clean, and the hotel soaps/toiletries were really nicely aromatic.

I had requested that we be placed away from laundry, vending and elevators to alleviate odd noises. Whether the hotel accomodated that request, or just happened to place us away from those things, I'll never know. But our room was nice and quiet either way.

My one complaint is with the "free" breakfast. Of course, it isn't free - it is included in the price...an important distinction. If I could take, say, $20 off the room rate ($5 for each of us) and eat breakfast elsewhere, I'd surely take that option. Breads were pretty stale, bacon was dripping grease and the "omelettes" were disgusting! I know that $5 pp would be an exaggerated price for this "meal".

Other than that, I would definitely stay here again if I was travelling in Spartanburg.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank mountpleasantmom
Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2009

Good rooms, clean, wireless high speed, near a mall and a Hooters - no complaints, although on my next trip I'll probably stay closer do the downtown area where this is a nice strip with some good places to hang out. Check out Delaney's and the Monsoon Noodle House. You're right off a few of the main drags, so it's easy to get around.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business