“very pleased”

Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Spartanburg
kentucky
“very pleased”
Reviewed March 30, 2009

enjoyed my stay the frontdesk was friendly and helpful the rooms were clean and very comfortable and to make it even better we recieved breakfast.(which we know in todays economy that is a bonus when you have small kids)

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Fort Knox, KY
Reviewed September 25, 2008

I booked two nights and was excited at how close we were to our family there in Spartanburg and also at the great rate we received with our AARP membership. The room had a huge king-sized bed, microwave, frig, blowdryer and iron/board. It was clean, cool and comfortably furnished...it seemed the perfect choice. But when we went to bed that night we realized that wonderful bed was hard and uncomfortable! I woke up in the middle of the night in with terrible back pain. In the morning the coffeepot did not work and the television, while having a hundred channels, was difficult to see with all of the static. I bought an egg crate mattress to sleep on the second night but was disappointed overall to discover what we thought would be a marvelous stay was surely not.

• Liked — cleanliness of room, location
  • Disliked — the hard and uncomfortable bed
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Spartanburg hotels

New York
Reviewed August 28, 2007

Hotel looks very nice from the outside. The pool was clean. However, the room we stayed in was infested with ants. The ants were all over the place (refrigerator, walls, bathroom). When I told the manager this, she offered me another room and didn't offer me any financial discount for my trouble. When we got to the second room...it was infested as well. I will never stay in another super 8 motel!

• Stayed August 2007
Pa
Reviewed May 21, 2007

Had stayed last year, was good. They just got brand new furniture! Great place to stay. Nice staff and breakfast. We'll definitely be back!

• Liked — Brand new furniture!
  • Disliked — Pool water still cool but its only May, nothing they could do about that.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2006

No-one will ever confuse a Super 8 motel with a Hyatt Regency or even a Hilton hotel and this particular establishment is no exception. That having been said, Spartanburg’s Super 8 offers the weary traveler heading south down I-26 toward Columbia, Charleston, or the South Carolina beaches, a clean, pleasant place to stay for the night. The rooms are, at best, Spartan in their appearance, the bathrooms are small, and some of the furniture, at least on the night we were there in late June, seemed literally on its last legs. The carpet in our room could also have used a deep-cleaning (though it was unquestionably well-vacuumed and neat). Those “demerits,” however, were quickly offset by the extra-reasonable room rates and by the overwhelming friendliness of the staff who seemed extremely anxious to guarantee their customers’ satisfaction. It is hard to imagine anyone cheering very loudly for the free continental breakfast (which seemed to consist of little more than cold cereal, sweet donuts, toast and coffee) but it was filling and easily enough to get one on the road without the need to stop at any of the many fast food establishments that are located within a mile of the motel. There is little luxury to be found here but, if that is not a necessity, the Super 8 will fill the bill for all others.

• Stayed June 2006
st louis
Reviewed October 18, 2005

this is a very nice, clean, and conveniently located motel. price is right, and the service is great. everyone was very friendly and helpful, rooms clean, looks fairly new. would stay again. Lots of restaurants close.

• Stayed October 2005