“Don't stay there!”

Super 8 Spartanburg/I-26 Exit 22
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Spartanburg
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The room was dirty. The pillows where old thin, hard, felt oily and had spots on it. The lamps where broke. One lamp cables was so damaged that you could see the electricity Sparks, I unplugged the cable immediately. We only stayed there for one night and only because we all was so tired at 1.30 at night after a 21 hour car drive! Don't stay there!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 18, 2011

All looked great and had a fresh smell. The price was right but the bed linens looked and felt old, worn and dingy. The pillows under the cases were a bit dirty. We pulled in because of the location but would not choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We stop here every year on our way to Myrtle Beach. It is a convenient, clean place with a nice pool. Breakfast is good enough and the price is very reasonable.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed in room 103 at the end of June while traveling for a family vacation and it was infested with bedbugs! The room also had spiders and smelled HORRIBLE! A refund was a small consolation prize for the aggravation. We had to throw away luggage and clothing that was in the room for fear of carrying critters with us on vacation. No compensation from mgmt for those items. I filed a complaint with the BBB of Spartanburg. I also called the Spartanburg health dept., but was told they had no jurisdiction over motels and do not inspect them, even if someone files a complaint. This motel is also listed on the website bedbugregistry.com. Wish I had known of this site prior to our stay.

2  Thank Bgarlan
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Never again – and I mean that literally. I consider myself a well travelled person and have never experienced anything like this. I’ve stayed in this hotel several times over the last three months for business reasons with my last stay on July 11. Until now this hotel was adequate for my needs and the staff was friendly. I should have realized there was an issue when I arrived because there were five mattresses laying on the ground in the parking lot…silly me, I thought they were just replacing the old stuff. During the first night I was awoken around midnight itching terribly and found bed bugs in the bedding. The remainder of the night was spent with the lights and television on in an attempt to discourage those little critters. When I reported this problem to the front desk, the clerk did not seem concerned about the issue only noting the room required fumigation and offered to move me to another room. Never was there any mention of awareness of the problem, but now I see from other reviews this problem is ongoing. Before I moved into the second room I did some investigation and found evidence in that room of infestation. I did receive a full refund. I also reported this through their website and a survey I regularly receive from them. Unfortunately, because I and my stuff were exposed, I must now deal with this at home, hoping none of them came along for the ride. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Thankfully, we just needed a bed for the night - we got there late and got up early. I had booked two non smoking jacuzzi rooms. I got smoking rooms. When she handed me the key, she asked if we wanted non and said there was no way to stop people smoking in the jacuzzi, we could have some spray if it stinks. There were ashtrays all over the room, so it was not non smoking. Plus, there was no point to the jacuzzi - I couldn't get any hot water in it. I've stayed at some very nice hotels and some very cheap hotels but this ranks as one of my all time worst. It needs to be updated and they need to pay attention when someone books a room.

1  Thank trvlr13
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Room was dirty. Smelled of cigarette smoke but was a non-smoking room. They did not have any other rooms availabe. Beds were old and broken down...not comfortable at all.