All reviews local shopping front desk military discount boiling springs complimentary breakfast each morning comfortable bed room was large staff was friendly business trip candlenut interstate ty trickle refrigerator rates linens
Selected filters
Reviewed December 4, 2018 via mobile

Returning home from Thanksgiving with family, we stopped here on Sunday night.
Hotel grounds are very quiet and parking lot well lit.
Staff was great, friendly and cheerful, couldn't be treated better.
Room was very clean, comfortable bed.
Breakfast was also very good, with good selection to please just about anyone.
Nothing to say but posotivest. Definitely will visit again of we're in the area!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

You can’t go wrong with this hotel. From the front desk to the service. Great hot breakfast. Rooms were nicely appointed and very clean. Comfortable king size bed. Plenty of clean towels. Very Close to nice restaurants. Easy access to Interstate.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Riaz K, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites At I-85, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2018

You said it so well. Loved it. May you be blessed for finding so much good in us.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

On our latest business trip, we visited Spartanburg, SC, staying in the Comfort Inn & Suites in Boiling Springs, just North of town. The property was pleasant in almost every respect, but suffered from two obvious biometric flaws.

The first was that the toilet paper dispenser is located approximately two feet behind the toilet, making access all but impossible. We compensated by taking the toilet paper roll off the dispenser altogether. When we mentioned this to the Manager, we were told that it has been brought to corporate attention numerous times, and they insist that it remain as is. My rating reflects the fact that when a corporation ignores its managers, it does it to its own peril. I urge those who dispense diamonds to similarly take this into account.

Secondly, the shower design is essentially non-functional. The built-in soap trays are angled to a perfect pitch to insure that nothing placed in the trays can stay there. The contents instantly fall to the shower floor. Worse yet, the shower appears to have been intentionally designed that way. Why that particular shower form was selected for installation in the Inn is unimaginable. It is clearly defective to the casual observer. Again, we compensated by not using the trays.

The third observation was less biometric by design, and more a function of water pressure. Water came out of the showerhead, flowing straight down from the shower head. For those trying to imagine the setting, the showerhead was approximately 2 inches from the wall of the shower. The showerhead was approximately two inches in diameter, but water only flowed from the center one inch. Thus, water fell only 2 1/2 inches from the wall of the shower.

The typical human body is only 6-8 inches in width. In other words, only by plastering oneself against the wall of the shower could one make half the body wet. Forget showering with a partner. Anyone more than 6 inches from the showerhead faced no risk of getting wet. This is more that a trivial annoyance. Travelers, especially after a long day of travel, relish the thought of standing under a waterfall. Water trickles just do not work.

All of that aside, we loved our stay at the Comfort Inn. The room was comfortable and well appointed, the bathroom was of a reasonable size, the facilities were clean, the food provided each morning was plentiful and nutritious, and the management was friendly, cooperative and responsive.

The bed was extremely comfortable, and we received clean towels and linens each day. When we asked for a shower mat to deal with the slippery shower surface, one was promptly provided to us.

We requested a late check-out, and it was immediately granted to us. We could not have asked for more personable hosts, nor for a more responsive management team.

We will not hesitate to stay here again in the future.

Room tip: Ask for a room near the elevator.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank GDL919
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

I was late arriving, around 4 PM, on a Friday and when I got there my room was not ready. The check in clerk(s), one who took my information and payment method and a second one later said he would check on it and after 5-10 minutes I had to go back to ask if he had an answer and told him I would check myself and it wasn’t. A manager came up and explained that they there was some sort of convention that caused the delay. He was very nice and switched me to a different room because he found water on the carpet. The room got sorted out eventually and I have no criticism of the manager.
However, It was after I got settled in and walked around the hotel that I became aware the overall quality of the room, hallway, sitting and dining areas had declined significantly since my previous stays there. The public areas were in my opinion only semi-cleaned. Their rates, on the other hand have increased to the point that they are close to what I consider better Spartanburg hotel options.
It is nice that they have free breakfasts, but it too had declined in quality.
Other than the manager that helped with my check in no other person bothered to speak to me when I was there.
I don’t travel to Spartanburg that often, but on my future trips I won’t be wasting my money at Comfort Inn on Candlenut Lane. In addition to the decline in maintenance of the hotel the traffic on Route 9 during rush hour makes it near impossible to make a left turn at the intersection of Candlenut and Route 9.
Bye, Bye!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank wjacksond
Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

Easy hotel to get to from the interstate. Had 4 of us in a room with 2 full beds for a very reasonable price. In and out with ease with a complimentary breakfast. Close to several restaurants for dinner as well. Would stay there again.

Date of stay: June 2018