“Excellent place to stay.”

Rodeway Inn Expo Center
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Spartanburg
Reviewed May 7, 2012

The staff were very friendly. The room was spacious and very clean.

Room Tip: Good breakfast too.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Ann S

Reviewed March 2, 2012

My boyfriend & I checked in pre requesting a non smoking room. Well we get all of our stuff up to the 2nd floor(by the way I'm 4 months pregnant ) anyways we get up there and they gave us a smoking room, I called the front desk , the gentleman upgraded our room , but..... We get into the 2nd room for the night & there were 2 full beds with not 1 pillow???? & did I mention the room smell was nasty it smelled like air freshner that was covering up like a mildew or some kind of bad smell , anyways I called the front desk and told the same man that we had no pillows , he said he would bring us some.... Well we waited about 20 min, nobody came , my boyfriend went to the front desk and there was a totally different person there who knew nothing about the pillows the other guy left and told her nothing ... Anyways she scrambled around only to find 2 pillows without pillow cases. Sooo anyways the next day I called and told the manager what happened . He then upgraded that room , we had left for the day came back to find out our phone was broke and there was no remote control for the t.v. And also there was mildew on the ceiling in the bathroom... Oh yeah did I mention I am 4 months pregnant .... Sooo anyways the answer to 3rd times a charm????? NOPE

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Bellaow
Reviewed March 1, 2012

some time cheap is not good, sometime cheap means a clean basic room, well this is not the case, the room smelled like cigarettes ,room was ok , but i would not recommend.,the room was cheap,and that is all, it smelled bad.btw my wireless would never connect, they charged my credit card even though i paid cash, finally got the refund. again not recommended,

Room Tip: keep driving up the interstate.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Stayed here back in August last year and had a wonderful stay. My first question is what happened? We always get the jaccuzi suite room 252. Let me just give you a list of how clean this non-smoking room was. It was apparent it had been smoked in because we found cigar wrappers behind the nightstand along with packs of crackers. We had no kleneex and very little toilet paper. The carpet was nasty, not stained which I'm sure is the excuse I will be given. On to the coffee pot. It was nasty right along with the tray it was on. Covered in sugar and coffee stains. Now on to the highlight of it all. This suite has a wonderful jacuzzi the problem is it took us over 2 hours to clean and sanitize it ourselves. Front desk was nice enough to loan us an unlabled chemical to do this with. They also told us the housekeeping staff got paid by the room and just didn't care anymore. And if that isn't enough the pool is a nasty green pool of filth and trash right at your front door. Hidden by bushes but directly below our window. Lastly lets discuss the bill. We asked for the seniors rate because we were entitled to it but it was not given. Secondly we were charged the city tax that should have not been on our bill because the city limits are at least 5 miles away. Would we have gone elsewhere? Yes, except pet accomidations do not really exist at anyother of the hotels in the area. The only assistance your staff offered was nasty stained towels and chemicals for us to clean it ourselves. Could we call your guest relations department? No, they close at 5:30pm. Also,know that my husband fixed your jacuzzi tub since you employee no maintanence personel. If you would like I would be happy to send plenty of picture, because I never leave home without my camera.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Pros
Good and strong wireless internet (my room is rite next to the hotel lobby)
Attentive staffs

Cons
Noisy AC
Cold breakfast

Overall
You got what you paid for.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank shaw2039
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Took the jacuzzi suite, very nice except the a/c didn't work to great. Clean room, great pool, nice jacuzzi. Even gave us a late check-out.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MissAngie145
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I made a reservation at this hotel sight unseen because I was traveling with a pet and the nice Red Roof in Hendersonville, NC where I would normally stay was sold out. This hotel was scary! The front desk agent checked me in through a glass window. The first room she gave me was completely trashed and had never been cleaned that day. The second room was supposed to be non smoking. But, when I opened the door, the smoke smell was overwhelming. There were also cigarette burns everywhere and blood spots on the bedding. I picked up my bags and left! The front desk clerk was nice, I felt sorry for her.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo