“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cribbs Kitchen

Cribbs Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 320 Restaurants in Spartanburg
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located adjacent to the RJ Rocker's Brewery in downtown Spartanburg, we at Cribbs Kitchen strive to provide the freshest culinary experience with amazing customer service. With an amazing bar and indoor and outdoor seating, we hope to provide the ultimate environment for your dining pleasure.
South Carolina
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

We talked about Cribb's Kitchen for weeks before actually having a chance to dine there. It was everything I had heard... and more. The restaurant is contemporary with a casualness. .. upscale design but not stuffy. Jason was our friendly, efficient server and he was knowledgeable about the menu. It was Sunday brunch time, but I was seriously hungry for "real meal" food. We began with an appetizer of Southern fried chicken strips and a trio of chutnies. We had pineapple, honey/mango (?) and pear chutnies. My husband would have liked the chutney to be spicier. I am perfectly happy not to burn my palate out with a fiery sauce. The sweetness and acidity of the chutnies was perfectly balanced. My side salad was the perfect size. The balsamic vinaigrette was prepared with a deft hand. Les dressed his salad with Ranch that he said was tasty. I ordered the Spring Street sandwich. It is roasted chicken and provolone on ciabatta with a roasted tomato and a pesto sauce. I had a side of smoky potato salad and it was simply perfect... not heavily dressed, and freshly prepared. Les had the "Dagwood" and it was aptly named. He had the couscous as well. It was so fresh and colorful and the bite he shared was perfectly seasoned. The sandwich had everything on it... corned beef, bacon, cheese, roast beef, ham, turkey, Swiss and provolone, tomatoes, caramelized onion... stacked on three thick slices of sourdough bread with a bowl of au jus.. Neither Les nor I "loved" the au jus, but so what? It was not even needed. The sandwich was great without it. My sweet tea was good. Not overpoweringly sweet. They also serve a good cup of coffee. We wanted so badly to try the Bloody Mary and the Mimosa, and will when we take my daughter's family there for a holiday brunch. The dessert menu was impressive and included a creme brulee cheesecake, and a pumpkin cheesecake as well as a chocolate trifle. We did not order dessert... but next time, I will get one to go! And the cost??? REASONABLE... We had three courses and it was around $30.00 for both of us. Delicious food at a reasonable price presented by friendly staff and seated by a very polite hostess??? I do not understand why more restaurants can't get this right! Cribb's Kitchen might just be onto something... I predict they will be around for quite some time. I am already looking forward to trying the dinner menu.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Iwrite4money

Spartanburg, South Carolina
“"Looking Up"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Nice location down town. There's work being done in front to inprove the outside. Should increase the walk-ins and decrease the drive by traffic. The lunch was good but a little pricey.

Visited September 2012
Greenville
“Ahhh-mazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

The atmosphere is simple yet sophisticated (but not in a snooty way). The food was decadent. The menu has enough variety in both food offerings and price but doesn't go overboard with too many options. The service is outstanding.

If you are in Spartanburg and you don't eat here, you are truly missing out.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Julie S
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Nice waitresses and hostesses. food ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

The people and atmosphere are terrific. had chipolte pepper special and veggie sandwich as entrees. salads are nice but small. balsamic dress ing taste wonderful. sandwich served on grocery store bread. plate was plain...just a sandwich in the middle of big white plate for 9 dollars. chipolte stuffed pepper was gorgeous but so smoky it was like tasting ashes..heavy handed on smoke flavor. interesting dinner but not a great value or fine dining experience.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Family B
Greenville, South Carolina
“Lots of variety, not your ordinary menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were looking for something different for lunch and decided to stop at Cribbs. The menu has a lot of variety, definitley not your run of the mill menu. My husband had a burger which was thick and flavorful. I had the chicken strips which were good but I will definitely get the burger next time. Our server was friendly and attentive. We will be back