“Italian cuisine”

Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Spartanburg
“Italian cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been a frequent diner at La Taverna. Although, with any new restaurant there are challenges to overcome, I believe that after almost 5 years in Spartanburg this restaurant gets it right. First of all the food is absolutely delicious and always fresh. The salad dressing is out of this world and can be used on almost any dish. It is so good we use it as dipping sauce for our bread and our Calamari. The owner is very passionate about his cooking and prides himself on cooking fresh food at a reasonable price. Going to La Taverna is like a mini trip to Italy. The Chef/Owner is Italian, he has an endearing Italian accent, and the decor is also in line with Italy. I did have a situation where an item was missing from my order, but it was handled promptly, politely and apologetic by the owner himself. I continue to recommend this restaurant over any other for Italian food. Buon appetito!!!

• Visited May 2013

South Carolina
“Little Italy of the South”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Everything about this restaurant, its' food, presentation, and the atmosphere reminds me of New York City. It is very exacting about how everything is done.
It is a wonderful experience either for people who have never been to an area with true Italian food and for those who have lived in an area will native Italian cooking; either way it is wonderful.

• Visited April 2013
Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States
“My Favorite Italian Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

The food here is so fresh and flavorful. The chef and owner here is quite a character and some people may not appreciate his passionate nature. One thing that is certain is that he is passionate about the quality of his authentic Italian cuisine. The creamy tomato basil house dressing is something else. When I finish my salad I use it on my bread because I can't get enough. I have never had a bad meal in this establishment. Last trip I had Gnocchi Parmesan and it was succulent. The love in every dish is in the sauce. Just pick one. They are all great. And they have the best cannolli I have ever had.

• Visited February 2013
Simpsonville, SC
“Terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Today I was told I have an attitude problem and called trash <by the OWNER of La Taverna Italian Cuisine> because I was trying to pay my bill and that of a friend celebrating a birthday. The food was delicious, however after being on the receiving end of unacceptable service and a harsh tounge calling me trash for trying to pay my bill in a timely manner during my lunch hour, I will NEVER return. I request that all who value quality service to AVOID THIS ESTABLISHMENT at all costs..

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Meredith C
South Carolina
“Favorite Local Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Authentic Italian dishes are prepared and overseen by the owner who is an Italian chef himself. He is particular about quality. He wants his guests to enjoy and be happy and keep coming back, and we do. Pizzas are very good. Diverse Italian menu. You cannot go wrong here - - it is getting popular so sometimes reservations are recommended!

Visited January 2013