“My Favorite Italian Place”
Review of La Taverna

La Taverna
Ranked #37 of 331 Restaurants in Spartanburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States
“My Favorite Italian Place”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The food here is so fresh and flavorful. The chef and owner here is quite a character and some people may not appreciate his passionate nature. One thing that is certain is that he is passionate about the quality of his authentic Italian cuisine. The creamy tomato basil house dressing is something else. When I finish my salad I use it on my bread because I can't get enough. I have never had a bad meal in this establishment. Last trip I had Gnocchi Parmesan and it was succulent. The love in every dish is in the sauce. Just pick one. They are all great. And they have the best cannolli I have ever had.

• Visited February 2013

Simpsonville, SC
“Terrible service”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Today I was told I have an attitude problem and called trash <by the OWNER of La Taverna Italian Cuisine> because I was trying to pay my bill and that of a friend celebrating a birthday. The food was delicious, however after being on the receiving end of unacceptable service and a harsh tounge calling me trash for trying to pay my bill in a timely manner during my lunch hour, I will NEVER return. I request that all who value quality service to AVOID THIS ESTABLISHMENT at all costs..

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Meredith C
South Carolina
“Favorite Local Italian”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Authentic Italian dishes are prepared and overseen by the owner who is an Italian chef himself. He is particular about quality. He wants his guests to enjoy and be happy and keep coming back, and we do. Pizzas are very good. Diverse Italian menu. You cannot go wrong here - - it is getting popular so sometimes reservations are recommended!

Visited January 2013
South Carolina
“Great Food”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is a little gem in a strip mall. The food is really fresh, the bread is fresh baked (and worth the price of admission on its own). They have all the classics--lasagna, spaghetti, etc.--and the pizza is great, but be sure to check out the specials. Lunch specials are good, dinner specials are better. Shrimp Fra Diavolo was one of the best things I've ever eaten, and one time I lucked into osso bucco.

Service is good, and prices aren't bad, especially for lunch.

• Visited February 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
“Always super!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

We have been coming here for years. Rossaro is always at the front to greet us.
The food is awesome and large portions, enough to take home for lunch. There bread and house salad dressing are, Molto buona. We have had the last 4 Christmas party's catered from here. Don't miss this place.