“Cute Restaurant but Jam Packed”
Review of Mon Amie

Mon Amie
Ranked #3 of 328 Restaurants in Spartanburg
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Cute Restaurant but Jam Packed”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We made the mistake of going for brunch one Sunday, which seemed to be the absolutely busiest time to go. We waited for a while and eventually agreed to be seated at a community table with another couple. The waitress kept mixing up our drink orders, but we didn't mind much because she was so busy and stressed. The crepes did not appear to be fresh made. They were tasty, but I think they're pre-made. The food was pretty good, but we haven't been back due to the jam packed, noisy environment. Worth a shot, but not recommended if you're in the mood for a relaxed meal.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Lacyjay

Spartanburg, SC
“Charming atmosphere and delicious food”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I just visited Mon Amie restaurant for the first time Sunday morning for breakfast. It was packed, but we opted to eat at the bar that surrounds the crepe making station and were seated right away. I loved the look of the place--the black and white decor with pale yellow walls. Even the 2 hostesses, I noticed, were dressed all in black and white. I also liked being able to see the crepes being made; that was a nice touch. Even the cups and saucers were done in black and white, which shows that a lot of thought went into the details of the overall presentation. It was altogether very charming. And the food itself was delicious: I had the cinnabon stack special and my husband had the french toast. It was a very pleasant--and rather unique, at least for Spartanburg--dining experience. One piece of advice though: if you're going to eat at the bar, dress lightly, as it's very warm near all the hotplates and coffee makers.

Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Long wait for table and long wait for food”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We waited a long time to get a table while the hostess complained about the people staying too long. Once we were seated we had to wait almost 30 minutes for our food to be served while other around us who were seted after us were served ahead of us. Muffin on the eggs benedict was soggy on the bottom and my stomach has not recovered from whatever I ate that disagreed with me. Not a high recommendation

3 Thank MichaelJ01
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“the place is delightful”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

My husband and I went because we just happened by it and the parking lot was full-so we turned around and went back. Best decision in quite a while...we wil be regular customers. My husband said"its good they close at 3pm or he would just have his paycheck direct deposited to them!"

Bloomington, Indiana
“Wonderful Breakfast!”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

My family and I were passing through Spartanburg, and saw that Mon Amie had good reviews online. We decided to go there for breakfast, and we were very glad we did. The food was inexpensive ($10 or less) and DELICIOUS! Highly recommend the crepes and french toast. The service was excellent and I love the decor. So fun watching the chefs make the crepes right there in the dining room too. Highly recommend this cute French gem in SC.

• Visited September 2011