“Best food in Spartanburg!”

Caribbean Sweetness
Ranked #10 of 331 Restaurants in Spartanburg
Cuisines: Caribbean
Montreal, Quebec
“Best food in Spartanburg!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My husband and I just recently moved to Spartanburg from a big city, and since we absolutely love trying new restaurants that aren't part of a big chain, we were thrilled that we found this delicious Caribbean gem in the area. The food was amazing and tasted like a home cooked meal. We had never tried Cuban food before, and the owner was so kind to take the time to describe the different dishes which suited our taste. I had the spicy pork with a side of yellow rice, beans and a corn side dish and it was so delicious and filling. It was just spicy enough and full of flavour! My husband had the barbacoa beef with rice and beans and the yuca with mojo and he was thrilled with it as well. I also had a mango batido and it was the best shake I have ever had in my life, hands down. Finally for dessert (can you tell we stuffed ourselves??) I had the coconut flan and my hubby had a Cuban coffee and which were both absolutely delicious. Best flan I've ever had, other than my mom's :)

I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a declious and culturally unique dining experience in upstate SC. The owner is enthusiastic and welcoming and Coming from a bigger city, we were a bit worried about our food options, but having found Caribbean Sweetness was a major relief. Try it for yourself: You will not be disappointed!!

• Visited April 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic, fresh, absolutely dynamite!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is real good food served by folks who are the genuine article. No frills, simple menu, but everything is prepared fresh by the owner, Cuban native Gaston. Save room for a batido (Cuban shake)!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Warothschild
Greer, South Carolina
“Nice little restaurant”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stumbled across this little restaurant and have returned several times. The apparent owner is a warm and outgoing fellow. The dishes seem to be mostly Cuban and are all good. It is not fancy, but it is great place to discover some new tastes.

Visited April 2013
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

While on a roadtrip, we decided to pick the #1 restaurant on trip advisor to stop in and eat while driving through Spartanburg. We could not have made a better decision. To say the food was amazing is an understatement. This is the first authentic Cuban restaurant I have eaten at since I lived in Miami. We had a Cubano sandwich and the medianoche sandwich with a side of black beans and rice (and took a bunch of food to go also!). They have a beautiful patio outside where you can relax and drink a Kalik (for those who don't know, it's the best beer ever). My friend and I are both seasoned restaurant people and for us to say that we enjoyed this experience 100% is really saying something. If we will drive an hour to come back, you should definitely give it a chance if you are close.

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Little hidden gem”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Traveling to Myrtle Beach we found this place on trip advisor. Well worth the trip off the highway. I had the piccadlla beef, recommend by the owner. It was great, served with red beans and rice plus a tamale. The barbacoa beef was great as my husband can attest to.