“Beauitful home and yard”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Spartanburg
Inn on Main of Spartanburg
Ranked #1 of 2 Spartanburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights . I actually chose this place because it was the only B&B in Spartanburg, but it had very good ratings from TripAdvisor, so that sealed the deal. It's a wonderful old, historical home. The grounds are gorgeous, and I loved the details on the inside. Wayne and Susan did a great job in restoring it. Our room was large enough for what we needed. We even had enough room for a full-size blow up mattress for our son for one night. The upstairs has a beautiful wrap-around deck that I wanted to be able to sit on, but didn't get a chance to. Breakfast was really nice, and I loved the conversation around the table. Cold drinks are available whenever you want them. The only negatives that I would have would be the pillows,( which really are cheaper and offer no support, so you should bring your own unless you like a flat one ), and there wasn't any decaf coffee available in the evening, (which I know could be a waste as not everyone likes coffee in the evening...a Keurig would solve that problem). Otherwise,you woudn't be disappointed with this place.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room that was on the street-side, so bring a noisemaker (which we did) or you will he...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank gjslhs
There are newer reviews for Inn on Main of Spartanburg

Reviewed June 14, 2012

This was one of the most wonderful and relaxing trips I've ever taken, thanks in large part to Mrs. Susan and Mr. Wayne at the Inn - and this was a work trip!! It was a great location, close to restaurants (of which Wayne and Susan will be happy to make recommendations) and a great non-profit bookstore (for curling up with a good book on one of the porches). The breakfasts were homecooked, delicious, and unique. A small army couldn't have eaten them. Mrs. Susan has just returned from a local strawberry farm when I checked in and next thing I knew I had some lovely, fresh strawberries brought up to me while I got settled in! I can't say enough about this inn.
My colleagues decided to save a few bucks (about $15 a night) by staying in a hotel... well, I am not sure how much they saved after getting up earlier, driving to go out and pay for a mediocre breakfast, and then having to drive back into town each night for dinner. Silly colleagues... lol.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Revolutionary room because the Peach Room was already booked. Those two are on the...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ashby G
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Just got back from a 3 night stay at the Inn. The 1904 house was restored Impeccably. Susan and Wayne were great as were the breakfasts. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank PKS-Comments
Reviewed December 22, 2011

My mom and I were in Spartanburg looking up our ancestors at Walnut Grove Plantation. It was suggested we stay here. What a great suggestion it was! Such a beautiful home, first of all. Decorated full out for Christmas. We were on the second floor and the upstairs wrap around porch was huge! We stayed in the Revolutionary War room which was wonderful, but we got a peek at the room with the giant bathroom/spa tub which was to die for!

Now to the owners...so friendly! He helped with our bags, brought up a tray with ice and greeted us so warmly. There were cupcakes and cookies downstairs as well as drinks. What a treat! Then we were greeted by Susan in the morning. She brought out a breakfast that was unbeliveable! The grits were superb as was the bacon and other items they had. We chatted with them about our ancestors over breakfast and then about Biltmore and the directions there. We really wish we could have stayed longer. Seriously, why go to a nearby hotel...this has the charm you need!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank chirenoteacher
Reviewed May 18, 2011

This was one of the best B&B's we have ever stayed at. The rooms were great and the food EXCELLENT!!! We just loved to relax on the porch both upstairs and down. For Breakfast, I loved that we had the choice of what we would like and could sample many of the specialties of our wonderful Hosts. We had the luck to stay during the Spring Fest and enjoyed many venders and such only a few blocks away. Right in the middle of everything you can walk to many nice places to eat and shop.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sn00ts
Reviewed December 9, 2010

I have stayed at the Inn on previous trips and really enjoyed my last 3 night stay. Beautiful clean rooms, delicious breakfasts (you'll want the recipes), great location in the center of town. I fully recommend the Inn on Main.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank lovestohike1
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Just beginning to stay in Bed and Breakfasts..and this is one of the best so far. Wayne and Susan are extremely hospitable and very nice and interesting people. Our stay topped off a weekend in Spartanburg, visiting our daughter for a college parent's weekend. The location just off the downtown square is quite convenient...and Wayne's cooking was the best! If you find yourself in Spartanburg, SC definitely give it a try!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple