“WOW! I felt like I was at a high end spa!”

Comfort Suites At WestGate Mall
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Spartanburg
Charlotte, North Carolina
“WOW! I felt like I was at a high end spa!”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel this week and I absolutely loved it! From the moment I walked in the lobby with the cascading water feature, I felt like I was at a spa. The staff is so courteous and professional. My room was gorgeous with granite countertops and a big fluffy bed. The TV had HBO and all the ESPN channels I know male guests would love. The location of the hotel is great too being across from the mall and there are many restaurants at the exit...plus lots of stores too. I got to shop, eat a great dinner and had a great night at the hotel. I told my husband I felt like I was on a vacation though I was in the area for work. Please stay here...you wont be disappointed!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
HotelSC333, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites At WestGate Mall, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Greetings Christine G,
Wow - thanks for such a wonderful review and I'm glad that's a reflection of your visit here with us! I'll make sure to pass along these messages to our staff and team here. We take great pride in our hotel and try to take care of the property as well as every guest! We hope you will come back anytime you are in the area!!
Many thanks, Derrick
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We chose this property for a two-night stay during our holiday roadtrip. Though it's located in a very busy area (traffic can be crazy), we found it to be convenient and staffed with very friendly people.

Our room was very functional and suited our needs just fine. The only things that I thought could use improvement were the breakfast area (which we were comparing to the Hampton Inns we'd stayed at earlier in our trip) and the computer area (where the printer was broken for the duration of our stay). Otherwise, it's a great property that's definitely worth a look if you're staying in Spartanburg.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelSC333, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites At WestGate Mall, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Hello kcboy!
Thanks so much for taking some time to leave us a review - we appreciate it so much! We're glad you enjoyed your stay here and welcome you back anytime! We're sad to say our printer did die on us over the holidays and we're anxiously waiting for the new one to arrive. And funny you mention our breakfast area, we are currently getting plans for a remodel of the breakfast area as well - so you're right on point! :) Safe travels to you!
Sincerely, Derrick, DOS
Spartanburg
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

This was a great place to stop during our mid-winter trip. We picked this hotel based on the other reviews and the other people are spot-on! The hotel itself was gorgeous, contemporary and neat/clean! The staff was exceptional - especially Tracy that checked us in. She was so very nice and gave us great recommendations for dinner locations. The room itself was great with plenty of space to spread out and relax. The breakfast was awesome - we especially loved the flavored waffles! :) We'll have to make this a stop next year again - thanks!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Greetings Mema T,
Thanks for such a wonderful review!! I'm glad you had such a great visit, that means the world to us! I'll make sure to pass along these messages to our staff and team here. We take great pride in our hotel and try to take care of the property as well as every guest! We hope you will come back anytime you are in the area!!
Many thanks, Derrick
Director of Sales
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This was my second stay with Comfort Suites @ Westgate Mall and it was just as amazing as the first. The staff was amazing and they really know what customer service means. The suite was great and the new bedding adds a new classier feeling to the whole room. I can't wait until I'm back for my next stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Greetings Daniel828!
We're so glad you came for another visit and even more excited we exceeded your expectations again this trip! We just finished installing our new bedding package last week - we're very excited about how it looks and the overall impression it gives. We hope you'll return on your next visit to Spartanburg!
Regards, Derrick, DOS
Kentucky
Reviewed January 6, 2014

There are two Comfort Inns in Spartanburg. One is off of I-85, and this one is a short drive from exit 21 on I-26, across from Westgate Mall. Our suite was comfortable and tastefully equipped. Comfortable bed, quiet, well-designed, and clean. I saw only one maintenance item - a bent towel bar in the bathroom, and one "lack" - there is no fan in the bathroom, so the shower tends to fog up the large mirror.

It's an 800 mile trip from home to Disney, so this is our halfway stop on our return trip. We haven't had a reason to rate it less than excellent so far.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear KentyHighlander,
Thanks so much for your recent stay here with us and for leaving a review. We're glad to be your stopping point on your Disney trips - it's nice to be a part of your vacation!! Thanks for the info on the bathroom - we'll get right on that! We hope to see you again on your next journey! :)
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed December 31, 2013

The hotel was amazing. Everyone who worked there was very courteous and helped me find good restaurants and gave me directions. The pool was very nice and the room was spotless. The beds were wonderful.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor are very easy to load and unload the car from as ease of access doors a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Lauren S,
Thanks so much for your review and for choosing Comfort Suites! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay here with us and hope that you'll return for many more! If we may assist you in the future, please let us know!
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We have been to many hotels in Spartanburg traveling with teams for our children. This time was a superb experience. I worked with the Sales Manager Derrick and he took care of us from beginning to end. But not only that - once we checked in, we were treated like family and everyone went out of their way to make sure we had what we needed. The hotel smells wonderful and the rooms are HUGE! The breakfast was great. In fact, we loved it so much, we've already booked it twice for next year for our team! We can't wait to return - if only all other Comfort Suites and hotels in general were this nice!! Thanks guys!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family