“Comfort Says It All!”

Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Spartanburg
South Carolina
“Comfort Says It All!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Hands down, this was the best hotel we've ever stayed in! The rooms were amazing, the staff was amazing! We drove out from the other side of SC, for a softball tournament in the area and seriously Comfort Suites will be recommended for anyone we know going to the area. The lobby was beautiful with a waterfall feature and very fresh smelling. There was a business center for us to use to plan the rest of our trip and the breakfast was delicious and even had 2 flavors of waffles! Above all made our trip 100% and the service was excellent really have a great group of people working in the hotel. We appreciate everything!! Thank you!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelSC333, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites At WestGate Mall, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Teresa S,
Thanks so much for staying with us and for your compliments on TripAdvisor! We appreciate you taking the time to do so! Most of all, we're glad you enjoyed your stay here with us and we hope that you will return in the near future! Happy Travels!
Derrick, Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed at this location during a wedding and the reservation process as well as the check in was very quick and professional. But during my stay I continued to smell the overwhelming smell of a DOG. Yuck. I asked the staff if they had a dog there and they just giggled, they never confirmed nor denied it. After my stay I returned the customary survey and expressed my concerns about the smell and the Manager wrote back apologizing stating the smell was caused by the mixture of two cleaning products that were not supposed to be combined. I know the difference between Poodle and Pine sol, but I was appreciative of the follow up.
Other than that the hotel was GREAT. Very spacious, the bathroom was beautiful with marble and a large counter/space saver. The WiFi moved a little slow but it was manageable. TV was flat screen and the bed was large and comfy. We ran out of towels and one of the maids was very friendly in giving us more, most hotels act as though you as asking for gold when you request more towels. The hotel is also in a perfect location, right across the street from the mall and close to MANY stores and restaurants. The layout of the lobby is gorgeous with a tall glass fountain and the free breakfast was delicious. Fruits, oatmeal, grits, eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, yogurt, coffee, juices, etc. I would definitely stat here again hoping that the smell is gone and that the staff is the same.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
HotelSC333, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites At WestGate Mall, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear MRSVICTORY,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a reivew on TripAdvisor! We always appreciate all comments, both when they are complimentary and when they offer advice! We're so very glad you enjoyed our spacious suites and ammenties. We work hard to maintain the property and offer our guests the BEST in service, quality and breakfast items as well! I do apologize for the smell you encountered - generally our frangrant lobby receive more compliments than anything! We'll look into that right away to make sure it does not happen again and I'll also share the comments with our housekeeping supervisor as well. We'd love to take care of you again if you'll be traveling to the Spartanburg area - please keep us in mind and give us a call!
Best regards,
Derrick
Florida
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This was a pristine hotel with all of the whistles and bells, e.g., attractive large smoke-free room, king size bed, sofa, desk, refrigerator and microwave. There was also a pool but it was closed for the season. A nice complimentary breakfast was available each morning. The hotel is adjacent to West Gate Mall and plenty of restaurants are close by. My only small complaint is that the bed side lamps needed brighter bulbs for reading in bed. It was a comfortable stay and I would definitely return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Floridianontheroad,
Thank you for such a fantastic review!! We're so glad that you enjoyed our hotel while you were in town - we take great pride in our property and the service we offer! We'll also check out those lamps for you and see what we can do to make them brighter! If we may provide you accommodations in the future, we'd love to have you back!
Derrick Norris, Director of Sales
charlotte
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We were in town for one night.The hotel is located across from the mall in a great location. As soon as we entered the hotel, there was this wonderful scent, it just drew you in. The hotel was very organized and a pleasant lady greeted and checked us in. The room was awesome - very neat, clean, organized and decorated beautifully. We sleep like babies, no noise whatsoever and everything in the hotel was convenient if we needed water, coffee, or anything else. Thank you, hotel. I

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear rosekerr2002,
Thanks so much for taking some time to send a review about our hotel! I'm glad that we met your expectations!! :) We take great pride in taking care of our hotel and guests! We get so many compliments on the frangrance of the hotel - it's our special recipe! We certainly hope that you will stay with us again if you are visiting Spartanburg and we'll provide the same great service once again. Have a great summer!
Seymour, Indiana
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night while visiting Spartanburg. I thought it was a little pricy, but it was nice. Not sure if the price was increased more than normal b/c of events in town or if that is just their normal. We weren't aware of the events until we arrived. There were several kids so breakfast time was crazy and loud. The breakfast wasn't much to be impressed with. The biscuits for the biscuits and gravy were very hard. I had a bowl of cereal. Would have gotten a waffle but there were too many people to deal with and it wasn't worth it. We ended up going out for breakfast. Our room was on the first floor near the lobby. Don't get a room close to the desk. Our room was right off the lobby so the tv in the lobby was on the wall our tv was on. We could hear the tv from the lobby in our room and when the breakfast area got busy with all the kids it was loud. We were up very early but if we had been vacationing and trying to sleep it would have been extremely annoying. If we would have stayed more than 1 night I would have asked for another room for sure. The only nice thing about it was it was close and convenient to the breakfast area so we took our food back to the room to avoid the chaos. The room was very nice. The bed was comfortable and it was nice to have the couch to lounge on in addition to just sitting on the bed. The bathroom was very nice. Everything was clean and worked well. The water was hot and the water pressure was good.The hotel was very nice with a nice large open lobby. I didn't give the hotel a bad rating based on the room. I'm sure if we were in another room there wouldn't have been any other complaints. Check-in was quick and easy. Will probably stay here again on our next visit.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the first floor next to lobby. It's noisy!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear KJHen,
Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel based on your recent stay! We appreciate all the comments, both complimentary and supportive! We apologize for breakfast being a little chaotic it sounds; there was a large tournament in town that weekend across town - we have a large amateur sports market here on certain weekends. I am glad however that you enjoyed your room; and if you are going to be visiting anytime in the near future, please let me know and we'll make sure that your room is in a different area of the hotel for maximum relaxing! Thank you once again for your comments and I'll make sure to share with the staff!
Carnegie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 7, 2013

my wife and i stayed here for two nites at the end of last month.Everything about the hotel was very nice.We will be sure to stay there again.We have a grandchild that is a soph.at Converse College and we look forward to our trips to Spartanburg and we really enjoy the town and look forward to our next trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear tipo2944,
Thank you so very much for taking the time to leave us a review and also for your compliments! I'm sure you are very proud of your grandchild and Converse is a wonderful college! Thank you for staying here with us and we sincerely look forward to your next stay and taking care of you while you are in town! Just come, visit, relax and we'll take care of the rest!
Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I chose this hotel based on the reviews I saw on TripAdvisor, which ranks this hotel #1 out of 35 – and the reviewers are right on! The hotel was affordably priced and was way above my expectations for the price point.
The staff were very friendly, professional, and attentive. The entire hotel and my room was extremely clean. The rooms are much larger than any standard room at other hotels. The internet is faster than any other hotel I have been to and the complimentary breakfast wasn't shabby either – they even have flavored waffles! I have stayed in many hotels, some are cheap, and trust me, you know you are compromising, and some very expensive.
This place is the best bang for the buck, it feels like a higher level hotel than all those surrounding it and decorated very contemporary. I will be staying here again and recommend it hands down!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HotelSC333, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites At WestGate Mall, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Greetings chris t!
That review just made our day! We're so glad you put your trust in us and the other TripAdvisor reviewers! Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments as well. We strive to make every experience one to remember and take very special care of our guests as though they are family visiting our homes. We hope you'll be back for another visit when you return to the area. Again, thank you so very much!
Derrick Norris, Director of Sales