“Nice pool and get a coupon if you can!”

Comfort Suites At WestGate Mall
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Spartanburg
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
“Nice pool and get a coupon if you can!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

We got to Spartanburg in the afternoon and were on the hunt for a coupon for a hotel discount at the welcome station but it was closed by the time we crossed into South Carolina. We found one online and printed it up to save a good 30% on our room. The hotel was neat and clean and had one of the nicer lobbies of the standard roadside americana hotels. We managed to hop into the pool and hot tub before heading out to dinner which was a great post driving relaxing cure.
The rooms were surprisingly well designed including granite in the bathrooms and a cool build out the con tainted the fridge and microwave and a nice shelf for the TV. The couch and lounge area was a nice addition to the typical room.

Room Tip: Get a coupon and save some $$
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BethanyNOLA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

Stay was excellent, felt very comfortable just like home. Host are very helpful and friendly, location was great acros from the mall. Resturant choices were good with discount to some of the local ones.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Benny M
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

I absolutely love this hotel!! I switched over to the Comfort Suites a few months ago from the Hampton Inn and ever since then I'm a loyal fan! The hotel is so exquisit, all the way from the lobby and breakfast area to the rooms. They are extra large suites with plenty of room to spread out so I don't feel like I'm having to live on the bed. The bathroms are very modern and spacious. The staff there are so welcoming and always remember me everytime I come stay there. I would recommend this to any other travelers ever coming to Spartanburg!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian B
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

We stayed here only one night, but were very pleased. The hotel is new, and very well kept. They have larger suite rooms, and was not cramped for our family of five. The beds slept well, and we enjoyed the free breakfast. Overall a very nice stay, and we would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank jscoop156
Roanoke
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

My son and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights recently. I had seen the prior reviews done and I concur with all of the good ones! The lobby is what I would call "top end", with a waterfall Comfort Suites sign that comes down into a small rock pool. Nice leather chairs at their 2 desktop computers with large screens. There are 2 large flat screens in the lobby. Their breakfast area is small but adequate. EVERYTHING in the place was spotless! I mean everything!

Our check in was ok except their computer would not accept my credit card the first time so the girl went to another computer and it was fine...scared me!!! Check out was a breeze. They slipped my receipt under our door and all I had to do was give them the 2 room keys. I think this is standard procedure for most/all places now.

The room was great! We had a king suite with a pull out sofa. My son said it was ok but how good can those really be with a mattress thats like 3 inches thick?....My king bed was really plush but was a bit...just a bit firm for my taste. Lots of comfy pillows to chose from...I had like 6 or 7! The A/C was kind of noisy but better than most. The coolest part of the room was the bathroom. Very modern compared to any hotel of the same class as Comfort Suites in my opinion. Nice granite counters, recessed sink, tile floors, nice shower rod/curtain, pretty good shower head, good water pressure, and so on.

The breakfast food was pretty good. Everyday we had scrambled eggs, sausage patties, waffle makers, dry cereal, pastries, bagels, fresh fruit, fruit juices and coffee. The weekend days had biscuits and really good sausage gravy. The room had what I would call a 1/2 fridge and I went to Ingles and bought water, sodas and some snacks...saved a bit of money.

The hotel location is great for what I call the "hub of Spartanburg". We were walking distance to Westgate Mall..easy walking distance. There were like 15 places to eat just up the road. We ate twice at the brand new Buffalo Wild Wings, also Chipolte and our last meal was at the famous Beacon.

They had an outdoor hot tub and small pool that were both closed due to being "seasonal" even though it was near 80 degrees the whole time we were there..sigh. I imagine most folks that would stay in Spartanburg are there on business or just passing through on their way to a bigger city, so for that type of traveler I would say this hotel is a perfect choice and should be for just about anyone honestly. Hope this info helps!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank snorkeljunky2
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

Lovely hotel. This must be a fairly new hotel because everything from the lobby to the room was beautiful and modern. The place is also pristine. I enjoyed the evening happy hour and the dining/lounge area in the lobby is large and comfortable. Breakfast was also great with a nice selection of food, from fruit to waffles. The room was large and I loved having the sofa area where I could relax and watch TV. Internet access was great. The bed was extremely comfortable. I love that a copy of my bill was passed under my door when I awakened on checkout day. I really liked staying here and will definately stay again next time I pass through. Also, it's across the street from a shopping mall and near many restaurants. Great location. The cost with taxes was $94.03 That seems crazy high for a one-night stay in a hotel room, even one this nice. But having said that, a week later I stayed at a Comfort Inn near Knoxville and for a room not even half as nice in a hotel not nearly as updated I paid just $10 less for a one night stay in their "Jaccuzzi Room". Guess hotel prices are sky high like everything else. At least this one was pure pleasure. That took a bit of the sting out of the price.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Patty B
Anderson, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012 via mobile

This is a brand new hotel. The appointments are pristine and quite tastefully done. Our room was spotless with everything in order. We got a great night's sleep in a very comfortable bed and quiet setting. The bathroom, as the entire suite, was spacious and had a great shower. Wifi is strong and stable and the staff very courteous and professional. The hotel is located across from the Westgate Mall but you will have to drive a short distance to find dining. Downtown is only a few minutes away. All in all, considering the price, I have no reservations in saying this is an excellent value. No complaints at all and a high recommendation from me for this hotel.

Stayed March 2012