“Bad housekeeping”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Spartanburg
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed to weeks due to business. 4th floor nonsmoker.
Typical HOLIDAY INN Express, but due to the very near Interstate too loud.

Negativ:
If you stay two weeks like we have done.then Breakfast has no variations , every bread is wrapped in foil, pancakemachine very often out of service
Housekeeping is poor, emptying of litter, making bed, but very often the "complimetary coffee" was not filled up, floormat in bath dirty, sometimes no fill up of soap etc., I was missing vacuumcleaning and there were long black hair in the bathroom on the floor.
The Hall and elevator is very offten dirty and the tilefloor partly sticky.....

No fridge and microwave as I get used from a lot of hotels in the States.

Positiv:
Friendly staff at reception, lots of free parking, eveningcookies,

Result: I prefer clean hotel with fridge and microwave

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank gmjk
TheresaM880, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear gmjk,

Please accept my apologize for the problems you had with your stay. We strive on making every guest happy and I see we didn't do that with you. I will talk with our housekeeping staff to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Exhausted after packing to move. Made it only 90 miles and found this place to stay. Checked in, no reservation. Found out Bojangles would provide chicken strips/sauce/biscuits and wine/beer,soft drinks and water. What a blessing. I was too tired to go get something. Slept well. People ALL very friendly. This is only 3 nights a week. AWESOME.

Room Tip: I think any room would be good. I was too tired to enjoy indoor pool.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
TheresaM880, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Xangotravler,

Thank You for staying with us and giving us such good reviews. I happy to hear that you enjoyed are managers reception. I hope when you visit Spartanburg again you make this the place to stop.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I had to make a call to one of my customers in Spartanburg. I did not have a reservation walked in to this hotel. The front desk was great. I was checked in with in five minutes. Got to my room and was really happy with my room.. Breakfast was really good. I plan to make this a regular stop. Well worth the money. Thanks again..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
TheresaM880, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Thank You for staying with us and letting us know how we are doing. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I chose this hotel despite previous less-than-stellar reviews because my go-to Spartanburg hotel was fully booked. Parking is plentiful. The lobby is lovely. They offer free warm cookies in the evenings at check-in. There was a bowl of red apples to in the sitting room. The elevator was slow, so my son and I often took the stairs to our room on the second floor. If we took the stairs down in the mornings, we were blocked by laundry carts and employees. There was a strong chemical smell in the hall. New carpet? But there was no noxious smell whatsoever in our room. Our room faced I-85, but we couldn't hear traffic at all like other reviewers claimed. The bathroom was up to date and really clean when we checked in. Wi-Fi was free and reliable. The bed was comfortable with large-enough but thin pillows. The fitness center is open 24/7 with the room key. That was great! There was no refrigerator in our room. Guess what? The pancake machine quick working our second morning there. The two ladies working the dining room didn't know how to fix it. Nor did they move to call anyone. But there were other choices of hot food for breakfast. At check-in I asked for late check-out. But the clerk told the housekeeping staff the wrong room number, so they knocked on our door that morning any way. Later, when I came back from the fitness center an hour before late check-out, I was locked out of my room. 30 minutes later the desk clerk (I assume) called our room then hung up before I could answer the phone. I arrived at the desk 10 minutes before the agreed-upon time. Over all, because of the beds and bathrooms, easy access to the fitness center, free Internet, convenience to the interstate I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mscarol81
TheresaM880, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Mscarol81,

Thank You for staying with us even if it was because your go to hotel was full. Please accept my apologies for the elevator being slow and the pancake machine acting up. Thank You for the kind words about our hotel and letting everyone know that it is not bad as some people put on here. We do strive on getting better and better. So I hope when your hotel is full again you come back and see us.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was here for 2 weeks for business. Hotel is really nice. Wi-Fi is excellent. Room is clean. Staff (like everyone in South Carolina) is really nice. Staff was very helpful about the area and gave great directions...which is a bonus around here once you get off the interstate.

Room Tip: I stayed here due to its location relative to the work I was doing. If you are looking for somewher...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
TheresaM880, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear JasonB,

Thank You for staying with us and giving us such a nice reveiw. I hope next time your in town you come back to see us.

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Me and my family visited spartunburg and decided to stay at this hotel for the weekend, BIG MISTAKE is an understatement. From the time we checked in the experience got worst by the hour. Saturday morning me and my family went out to view the city. We returned back to the hotel about 4:15. My room had not been touched. The beds were not made, trash not taken out, the tub was not cleaned and no clean towels were provided. When I reported down to the front desk the manager said 'all the housekeepers are gone for the day. I do apologize for your room being skipped, but there is nothing that can be done.' I was furious to say the lease. I have a newborn baby on top of my money and business was not respected at this establishment. How would you feel if you paid your money for something and the job was not done. I ask for the number to an off site manager. I called and left a voicemail and no one ever returned my called. This hoyel is a pure scam trying to half do things, and cover their tracks with excuses. I WILL NEVER RRECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE IN MY LIFE. The manager on duty even had the audacity to tell me that I could bring the dirty towels down and she would give me some clean towels.....the nerve of them. The next morning when I got my bill that was slid under the door the hotel had an extra charge on there for another night. When I addressed the issue all I recieved was blankstares. The appearance of the hotel is very appealing and warm; however, do not be fooled like I was. The company paid top money for the hotel but the staff is garbage. Last trip we stayed across the street at Hampton Inn. I was pleased and it was cheaper that this hotel. Bigger pillows as well as a refrigerator in the room.

**Mrs. Cautious**

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
TheresaM880, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Mrs. Cautious,

First let me Thank You for staying with us. Now let me tell you how sorry I am for the experience you received. We take pride in our hotel and am very disappointed in how our staff handled your needs. I will be talking to our staff to make sure this never happens again to you or any other guests that stay with us. I hope you give us another try in the future.

Again Thank you staying with us

Reviewed September 22, 2013

At this hotel the staff welcomes you and makes you feel at home ... rooms are nice, mattress/bedding is clean and comfortable ...my only negative is the manager's reception is very simple . I beleive that a full hotel should be able to make a nice reception with several food items , not just chisp and salsa . Breakfast was better than average and service was excellent

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
TheresaM880, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Furlough,

Thank You for staying with us and appreciate your nice comments. I'm glad you have brought up the Managers Reception because this week we have changed things up a little bit. We usually have it on Wednesdays and now we have expanded it to Mondays Tuesdays and Wednesdays. We will be using different restaurants to bring us food for those days.

Again Thank You for staying with us and look forward to your next visit in Spartanburg,S.C.