“Nice hotel but very firm beds”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Spartanburg
Reviewed April 5, 2011

This is a very clean, new hotel and the employees are very pleasant. A nice extra is the Manager's Reception with wine and snacks. However, the location of the hotel is not convenient to many restaurants and the mattresses are very firm! (I think we have been spoiled by the Hampton Inn mattresses!)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
travelgrl1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad that we our team was pleasant and you enjoyed our manager's reception which is held on Wednesday evenings. I understand that their are not any full service restaurants at this exit, but there are several at the next exit less than 5 minutes away.
The mattresses are on the firm side and some people prefer that and others do not. For those guests that prefer a softer mattress we have a few foam mattress toppers on hand that we are happy to place on your bed for extra comfort. If you are in the area again, please ask if one is available and we will be happy to accomodate you.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 6, 2011

The staff was so positive and helpful from check in to breakfast. My husband and I noticed right away that not only was the breakfast bar being constantly refreshed but the two ladies- yes two!! actually acted as if they really liked their jobs and were very helpful with guests. One even came by our table to see if we had everything we needed. This is out of the norm for my experiences with this type of breakfast set up. Room was very clean and the bed was superb! The decor of the room and bathroom was very modern and upscale. This was a great value- I used priceline for my purchase and named the price of $60.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nlance
travelgrl1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience. I am so glad that you found our staff to be attentive and helpful. We strive to ensure every guests experience exceeds their expectations. I wil be sure to pass along your comments to my team. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2011

I live in town and just needed a night away so I chose this hotel because of value/reputation. It was great. Incredibly clean and modern, the room was immaculate and very comfortable. I slept like a baby in spite of a pretty nasty thunderstorm! The staff was very friendly, and Gretchen at the front desk was warm, helpful and welcoming. Definitely gets my recommendation!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank charlottee24
travelgrl1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Spartanburg North, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Our hotel is a perfect getaway for all kinds of travelers and I am glad that you felt your stay was comfortable and clean. I will pass along your comments to Gretchen.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed January 25, 2011

To say it's the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in would be an over-statement, but it was pretty nice. Very clean, new hotel. I stayed in a nice, large room with plenty of space to spread out for the 2 nights I was there. The girl working the front desk the two days I was there was ultra-friendly and very helpful.

My only complaint is that there are no decent restaurants anywhere close by (unless fast food or Waffle House are your idea of decent).

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank littleamen
Reviewed October 29, 2010

We chose this hotel at the last minute based on the other reviews on Trip Adviser. Trust me, they are all very accurate! The staff is incredibly nice, the hotel is immaculately clean, the rooms are spacious and the bed is very comfortable. You can definitely tell this is a new hotel! Wireless internet is free with your stay and we requested extra towels and pillows which were already in our room when we checked in. We stayed for 3 nights and had absolutely no problems whatsoever - and the staff checked on us periodically to make sure that everything during our stay was going smoothly. I wish I could take this hotel with me as we continue our road trip - it's by far the nicest hotel (on all levels) that we have ever stayed at!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank siva418

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am glad to know that our staff made you feel welcome and that we met your expectations. I will pass along your comments to our team and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed October 22, 2010

New hotel so very clean. Microwave, refrigerator, paper plates, cups, hotpad in room. Real granite vanity in bathroom. Good size room. Ample toiletries and towels. Nice staff.
Call for directions because it is brand new and not yet on GPS. Good breakfast with eggs and sausage, etc.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DianaKansasCity
Reviewed August 29, 2010

My wife and I stayed at this property for a single night and had a great stay. The hotel was very clean and organized and appears to be quite new (even though it may not be). We were greated very professionally by the assistant manager. He even presented us with snacks and water for being Priority Rewards members. Our room was very nice and clean, and had all the amenities that we needed for our stay. There were very few people staying at the hotel the night we were there, making for a very quiet night of uninterrupted sleep. The fitness center was a little small, but had the equipment I was looking for. This hotel is a smoke-free property, which is great for non-smokers. (However, one of our neighbors may have snuck in a puff in the morning.) We awoke to a tremendous hot breakfast in the lobby, which we did not expect to be so great. The staff member handling the breakfast was very friendly and helpful not only to us, but with a mother with several small children. It made for a nice finish to our stay. Overall, we had a very positive experience at this quality property.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple