See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 23, 2017

My husband and I have been here for weeks, and we pay good money to be here. We have been begging for weeks to have someone to clean our room. House keeping says "I can't get to you...or I'll be back" and NEVER RETURN!!! The staff opens your room and come in while you're gone. The people that work here, that live onsite, do more drugs than ANYONE(pot smoke stinks the air)!! I only ask to have our floor vacuum and bathroom cleaned ONCE A WEEK!! They take it for a joke! This place use to be AMAZING!! It seems like it's the hangout for DRUGS addicts. PROSTITUTES, INFORMANTS. Rogue COVERT Officers, RISS NETWORK NARCISSISTIC Vault 7 Stalkers etc! It's unbelievable!!! The glass on the laundry door has been broken for weeks! Imagine if it breaks on some child!?!

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank ExodusPower864
Reviewed February 13, 2017 via mobile

Decent room for price.I paid for my dad and daughter to stay a night here as a "daycation" while I was at work since my daughter had been begging to go on a vacation.Plenty of restaurants nearby. The USA hotel is nearby which is super shady.Some people are loud and some people have found permanent residence there.But within 5 mins of me waiting in the parking lot in my car for them to check out,a cop came by and asked what I was doing.So im glad they have patrol checks. Decent staff.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank KaciSuperMom
Reviewed September 11, 2016 via mobile

We have had nothing but a good experience .Carson the assistant manager will do everything and anything he can to help.So overall we say good jobRooms are clean cable could be better but really overall good experience .

Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Lori W
Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

The crossland economy suites in spartanburg. I made a reservation on hotwire,the type where you don't know the hotel until you book it,on a budget it was $39 including tax for the one night.room was fair ,bedding seemed clean and bathroom, carpet worn and somewhat needing a hoover.little kitchen area but no utensils or cups ect plus no Coffee maker. I think it's one of those places people live at . Friendly staff at front desk .

Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank willowwillow22
Alyssa B, Public Relations Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spartanburg - Asheville Hwy., responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2016

Hi Willow, thank you for your comments about your stay. We're glad you had a comfortable stay with us and hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed June 29, 2016

I booked the room last night through Hotwire, so we didn't know the name of the hotel until it was booked. DON'T DO THAT.

The room was booked at just past 9 pm (and marked down heavily -- I didn't see this in the search engine at this price even a couple of hours earlier, so they were clearly going for the last-minute rentals). I booked and they were at the hotel within minutes...only to discover the main office locked.

A sign said that there is only a clerk there from 11 am to 7 pm, so to call for service beyond those hours. We called, and were promptly "greeted" over the by a grumpy man who was obviously annoyed at being disturbed and having to answer the phone. He begrudgingly said he would be there in about 10 minutes.

He arrived, and we got the room key. But when we got to the room, it literally reaked of cigarette smoke. The stench was so strong that we were overpowered within seconds of opening the door. When we went back to the office to try to get a new room, the clerk was gone. We decided to wait it out, since the clerk was rude enough as it was when asked to do his job.

BIG mistake. The stench is in everything -- hair, clothes, suitcases, and having difficulty breathing.

And there will be nobody at the office until 11 am to be able to assist them. We are booked for another night, but unless the hotel can move us to a room without any lingering smoke, we will have to check out early. The hotel BETTER refund the unused stay for tonight if they aren't able to render proper services. And renting a room that has clearly not been cleaned or deodorized for it to smell this powerfully of disgusting cigarette smoke is NOT rendering proper services. This is a health hazard, pure and simple.

Stay away from this place.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
3  Thank TravelinGirlDc
Alyssa B, Public Relations Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spartanburg - Asheville Hwy., responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2016

Dear Guest, thank you for your candid review of your property. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of your check-in experience. We will be sure to address those issues with our night auditor. I also appreciate your comments about your room. We will be renovating our property within the next few months. We hope you stay with us again once we renovate. Should you wish to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you for choosing Crossland Studios.