See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 31, 2015

This past week I had the displeasure of staying at the Crossland Economy Studios in Spartanburg, SC. I was on a business trip to Wofford College just down the street from this property and needed a room for the night. I went to Trivago and found a few options in the area, This one was only about 3 miles from the school, the pictures looked fairly nice. It was listed as one of the Extended Stay properties so I figured it would be adequate for my needs. WRONG! Nice pictures, not a nice property. Let's start with first impressions. There shady characters hanging over a railing in the parking lot drinking a few beers, watching the comings and goings of the other people staying there. My room was a non-smoking room, yeah sure. It smelled bad and the carpeting was dirty. The kind of dirty that makes your socks (I wouldn't go barefooted in there) stick to the floor with each step. The kitchenette had some leftovers in it; a bag of open flour, a couple of open boxes of cereal, other non-descript food items and a couple of sealed bags of Orville's microwave popcorn (Bonus, value added!!) but there were no glasses, no plastic cups, no silverware, no nothing! Needless to say, in hind sight I should have slept in my Expedition for the few hours that I slept there.

Room Tip: there are no good rooms here, stay away!!
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled on business
1  Thank Phil S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spartanburg - Asheville Hwy., responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. While we no longer keep dishes in guest rooms, these items are available upon request for no additional charge. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will make sure we are clearly communicating our amenities during guest arrivals as well as reviewing our room inspection procedures. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at SBG@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed February 18, 2015

I was very disappointed with my room! It had roaches!& when I turned on the heat...I started putting my stuff back in my car & headed straight to the front desk,where Kenda gave me some options & I chose to
get my money back .Maybe it was "just that room " .Even though the bathroom light didn't work, they still should clean behind the refrigerator.I honestly don't know right at this moment if I'll go back. I'm very disappointed!

• Stayed: February 2015
4  Thank lilkim47
Reviewed November 7, 2014

My room was infested with fleas. I was changed to another room but ended up leaving a day early even though there was no refund. The microwave did not work in my dinette. The staff was helpful and courteous but this was a traumatic staff.

• Stayed: October 2014
2  Thank batgrrl73
Reviewed September 4, 2014

Yes, I didn't expect much. Initially, I thought this was a modest value. I'm familiar with the area.
There is a supermarket within easy walking distance, as well as a few fast food places.
The room was adequate. One resident roach scampered out from somewhere.
Bed OK. Room a bit beat up, furniture worn. One electrial outlet had no cover plate.
It's possible to park at your room door, if you have a first floor room, unless they allow two large trucks (in view of the office in daylight) to park across five spaces each. One is even partially using a handicapped parking space. It looks like they are there for the night. (Not there to load or unload)
In this area, and at this type of extended stay hotel, I prefer to have my car in view of my room, which is not possible with a large commercial Ryder truck straddling 5 parking spaces in front of my room. Very close to one star.

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank PC1955
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spartanburg - Asheville Hwy., responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2014

The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that the room was in bad condition. To prevent this from happening again, I am working with my maintenance staff to make improvements. As well, I have called our pest company. I would also like to apologize that other guests' parking was an inconvenience to you. I will work with my staff to ensure that we are preventing guests from parking in this way. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sbg@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

The carpet was nasty, couldn't even take your shoes off.. The floors were dirty and sticky. Lots of roaches going up and down the walls and on the kitchen counters. They did give me my pet deposit back of 26. and some odd change back. Loud young kids, lots of people on drugs their.

Room Tip: Don't go their..
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank 771Victoria_H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spartanburg - Asheville Hwy., responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you had pests and cleanliness issues in your room. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have contacted pest control to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I will be meeting with my housekeeping staff to review our cleanliness standards and to ensure that floors are properly cleaned. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sbg@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.