“average, but take pets at low cost”

Crossland Economy Studios - Spartanburg - Asheville Hwy.
Crossland Economy Studios - Spartanburg - Asheville Hwy.
Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Spartanburg
Dothan, Alabama
“average, but take pets at low cost”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

This hotel was taken over after previously being an Extended Stay America hotel. We have often stayed at ESA across the country and found them to be convenient, clean, good value with microwaves, dishes, refrigerators, etc. This hotel was reserved because of the convenience on my route and the fact that the pet fee was not $100.00 a night!
I was disappointed in the quality: barely clean, looked shabby and made me feel insecure travelling by myself with our dog. I would not stay there in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Washington Dc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

The staff especially Reggie (?) was extremely helpful. The room had a bad order and he gave me some deorderant spray and some disinfect spray, which helped somewhat but should have been my clue to check out then. There were bugs and at least 3 roaches that ran when we tried to catch them; there were several nites (small bugs) flying insects in the room. My husband killed a big misquito upon check in and also a bug on the wall by our bed upon check out. The beds were not what we expected, extremely too small (twin beds). The water faucet knob was broken, it did not stay on the handle every time we tried to turn the water on and we had to place it back on each time we used it. Overall we were extremely not pleased with the accomodations. We tried to make the best of it but not pleased at all. Will never go back there and definitely not recommend anyone stay.

Room Tip: None would I recommend - just stay away!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
cripley, Owner at Crossland Economy Studios - Spartanburg - Asheville Hwy., responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that this hotel did not meet your expectations. I am visitnig this week to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate comments. I hope that you will contact me directly, at cripley@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Spartanburg hotels

Leon, Nicaragua
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

We have stayed here several times. Never had a stellar experience but it was decent. But thus time i woke up everyday with more and more bites. I couldnt find solid evidence of bed bugs, until after two weeks, i finally found one in the bed. Manager moved us to another and i had to ask for some sort of comp. he said he could give us a couple nights free. Huge amount of help! NOT.... They blamed it on the mexicans that had stayed in the room before us... True story.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

This is my first venture with an extended stay. The floors were dirty and their were pet nails in the floor. I moped the floor up w a towel. The kitchen smells like chinese food, and the sink doesnt drain. I am glad i brought my own sheets. There are stains everywhere, and the paint where they repaired the walls dont even match. I replaced the shower curtain because it appeared to have feces stains. The ac smells of mildew, even after cleaning it out w the towels. The chair appears worn. The freezer is frosted solid.

• Stayed January 2012
Goldsboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

While my family and I have stayed at this location in the past (a more plesant experience), our most recent trip was HORRIBLE!!!

Upon entering the room, we found there to be an unpleasant odor (in which we tried EVERYTHING to get rid of to no avail), and on the day of checkout we noticed our daughter had a number of bumps on her neck, shoulder, arms, and torso (in which she had an allergic reaction)...However, it wasn't until the next day that my husband and I noticed we TOO had the same bumps located on the same body parts! Needless to say, we suspect bed bugs, and are PRAYING to GOD that we have not brought them into our homes...PETRIFIED!!!!!!! #Neveragain!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2011

Found this place on Hotwire-what a dump. Dirty evrywhere--greasy counters, poorly vacuumed carpet, and they actually "strongly suggest" that you wash the dishes before you use them because they do not.

Cockroaches all over-especially in the bathroom and under the toaster and coffee maker. If you stay here, keep your shoes on when you go to the bathroom.

Room Tip: find another motel
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bealadangan
Georgetown, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2010

This was truly a welcomed surprise. This was my first time experiencing Extended Stay America and we really enjoyed our stay. Dining and shopping were literally within walking distance from the hotel. Guest services was very polite and helpful.The room had every amenity a traveler needed! I am so looking forward to my next trip to Spartanburg.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank duchessofyours
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spartanburg
Quality Inn and Suites
Comfort Suites At WestGate Mall
Residence Inn Spartanburg
Residence Inn Spartanburg
#5 of 28 in Spartanburg

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Spartanburg - Asheville Hwy.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Crossland Economy Studios - Spartanburg - Asheville Hwy.

Property: Crossland Economy Studios - Spartanburg - Asheville Hwy.
Address: 130 Mobile Dr, Spartanburg, SC 29303-2025 (Formerly Extended Stay America - Spartanburg - Asheville Hwy.)
Location: United States > South Carolina > Spartanburg
Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Spartanburg
Hotel Class:2 star — Crossland Economy Studios - Spartanburg - Asheville Hwy. 2*
Welcome to Crossland Studios Spartanburg - Asheville Highway. We are located within walking distance to several different dining and shopping options. Our property is right off of Interstate 85. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring kitchens or kitchenettes and plenty of work space. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crossland Economy Studios - Spartanburg - Asheville Hwy. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Spartanburg