“Good hotel for the price”

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Spartanburg
Roanoke, Virginia
“Good hotel for the price”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Very clean, comfortable rooms. The beds were clean and comfortable. The shower was hot and had high pressure unlike many other places I've stayed. The internet was a little slow but otherwise a good place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013
QualityGMSC429, Director of Sales at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Hello Madhokie,

Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

KB- Sales Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Alexandria VA
Reviewed September 10, 2013

At $25 per night, I thought the pet fees were rather high for this area and compared to the room rate. Should have only been $10 per night, and thus would have only been $20 instead of the $50 charged for 2 nights. Especially since the carpet was already a bit worn. And our dog is trained to go on a pee pee pad that we put in the bathroom, which she did use. So no room accidents, etc. Or don't even charge an extra pet fee would be even better. Drury hotels don't charge extra for pets.

As I did tell the desk clerk, there was a toothpick on the floor when we walked in to the room, which was not very pleasant to see and a bad first impression. Also, the light by the bed was out, which I called to get a replacement bulb, which he did bring promptly. Also, vacuuming the halls at 9 a.m. is WAY too early as we were sleeping in.

The room was big and spacious with 2 queen beds. Stayed in room #103, which was conveniently located on the ground floor between the front lobby and the side exit door. The room had high ceilings. Also had real wood hangers in the closet area you could remove to hang your clothes, which was nice. The room did have a thermostat on the AC unit which was nice. It helps to sleep if the AC is not on all the time :-) Was a little bit tough to figure out the freezer part of the refr. But the refr and microwave were decent. Didn't like the new style ice machine though. It drops ice into a clear thing, and then you press down to have it drop in your bucket. The old style where the ice just comes out is better so you can get the amount of ice you need.

Parking by the side door was good. While it was nice that the side door was locked for security even during the day, the plastic covering that you had to raise every time to use your card to get in was annoying. Especially when you are making multiple trips with a lot of gear.

Was told the breakfast hours were 6:30 - 9:30 every day. However, that wasn't the case. It was actually 7 - 10 on the weekend, which we didn't find out until Saturday night when we noticed the hours were printed on the tv channel guide. So missed breakfast on Saturday when we could have made it. However, the front desk guy did give us 2 bananas when asked, so that was a plus. Also, on Sunday, they started shutting down the breakfast at 9:45 a.m., when it goes until 10. That was not good. The manager had to tell the woman to let us have some food.

This is really getting to be a pet peeve of mine at hotels. 1. BFAST should go until 11. I am a paying customer. So make it convenient for me, not for you. I didn't have to be anywhere until 12, so why get up early for breakfast? And you think I am going to get breakfast at 6:30 a.m. when I didn't check in until after midnight? A 3 hour window is fine, but why so darn early? If I don't get up until 9 or 10, then how about my 3 hour window as a paying customer? 2. Don't shut down breakfast early. It should stay open and have food available during the given hours. Come on.... Again, I am the paying customer. 3. Make sure you tell the correct breakfast hours to your guests so they can at least make use of it if they want to. Could have eaten breakfast on Saturday, but didn't due to being told the wrong hours.

I did like that they had 2 toilet paper dispensers in the bathroom. However, I found it odd that housekeeping didn't replace the roll when it ran out and only left 1. Also, the kleenex ran out after 1 or 2 tissues on Sunday and should have been checked Saturday to see if had been running low.

Since they mentioned renovating soon in another response to a review, I will mention this. I thought the bathroom door was inconvenient how it opened. The shower was basically behind the door. And the towel rack was in the way to get to the shower with the door open. So you basically had to close the bathroom door to get to the shower. Could have been designed better.

Was a decent stay for racing BMX at Supercross BMX in Boiling Springs/Spartanburg.
There was a back way to get to the track so that was nice. The FATZ restaurant was relatively close by on the main street. The La Paz mexican restaurant across from Brusters ice cream was good too.

I really liked that they had outlet plugs on all of the light fixtures. So plenty of plug-ins for your electronic devices.

Room Tip: Stayed in room #103 with 2 queen beds. TV was convenient from either bed. Had a table in the corne...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
QualityGMSC429, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for your precious time for giving your review about your stay with us. We accept your comment and appreciation. You are not agree about Pet fee $25.00 per night but that is our hotel policy to keep that price and as per my knowledge that is cheapest price for interior hotel in this area. Thank you again for choosing our hotel for our stay .
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The duration of my stay was "quality." Everything was mediocre; the rooms, service, ect. I stayed in room 219- I found hairs on the "clean" towels...thankfully, I brought my own from home.
Regarding the dishonesty of the male receptionist (the female was phenomenal,) after I returned from my trip, I realized I left a piece of luggage. I called and asked about it and spoke with the male receptionist and he put me on hold until the phone rung again. He kept answering as if he just sat there, being unoccupied of his new request (finding my bag.) finally he put me on hold for longer, more convincing time- then told me that it was never turned in. He said that it wasn't there, however, I know for a fact that I left it in my room, hanging on the rack in the vanity area outside the bathroom. It was NOWHERE else. So, for kicks, I called once more and was told the same by the same male receptionist. Later on, I called and the female receptionist answered and I told her about the incident. She proceeded to actually write down the description of my bag and confirmed my number and told me that I would be contacted the next day-even if it was still "missing." So the next day, called again...the male receptionist answered and said that it wasn't there; as if I'm the liar. He said he would contact his manager and I insisted that I would instead (no trust in him) so I asked for his general manager and he said his name was "Vinu" which according to the replies from the manager on here, his name is KIRBY MACK.
There is something really wrong here and it needs to be addressed.
Ultimately, my bag was stolen or thrown in the garbage and nobody is going to tell the truth. I know for a fact I left it there, I am 100% correct. Upon checking in, the female receptionist even confirmed my address just in case I left something, they could ship it to my home.
Quality Inn and Suites of Spartanburg, Simuel Road, will never receive reservations from me and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Dmeasterling
QualityGMSC429, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. we appreciate your comment. we care about your concern . I am "vinu" (Vinubhai Vaghani) as a general manager here at quality in & suite ,Spartanburg.SC. I did enquired about your missing beg with house keeping staff and front desk staff. Front desk attendant talk with you and put you on hold to look in loss and found log and enquire with house keeping staff about beg and he replied that we did not found any thing from your room. House keeping supervisor also gone to room and look in every corner of room to find beg but she did not find any thing from room. we feel that your beg is valuable for you but we are sorry we did not find beg in your room after you check out. Front desk attendant gave you name of general manager is vinu that is correct. Kirby Mark use to work here as general manager but not now.
After two day of check out you realize that your beg is missing and you are blaming hotel about your missing beg that is not fare.
Again We thank you for your comment and stay with us.

Travelers are raving about these Spartanburg hotels

Canton, North Carolina
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were on our way from central Florida to southern Indiana for a weeklong visit. On the way up, our car broke down near Spartanburg. After our emergency tow to the Quality Inn, where we had a reservation, it was great to get in at 2am and have our room waiting. Unfortunately, we had to rent a car for the rest of the trip then come back here on our way home to drop off the rental car and pick up our fixed car. Enough of that. The rooms are clean and not FREEZING as so many in room units can be. I also wanted to give a shout out to Tara at the front desk who helped while we were stranded in our car and gave us a few numbers to try. I didn't plan on staying another night here at the end of our stay (Monday/Labor Day), but there was a room waiting for us at a very decent rate. Got to meet Tara and tell her thanks for her kindness to a frazzled tourist! It's worth an overnight stay. Not much to do here, but if you're on the road, it's a clean bed in a clean room.

Room Tip: We only stayed on the 2nd floor both times. The hallways are quite warm, but the A/C units are quie...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
QualityGMSC429, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 31, 2014

Richmond, Va
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The staff were very friendly and the room was clean, but the hotel looks worn. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. I would stay here again if needed, but I think I will find a newer place next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
QualityGMSC429, Director of Sales at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your review. We are under new management, and will be undergoing renovations within the next few months so hopefully with our updates you will find us to be your resting place whenever you are in the Spartanburg area.

canton
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I checked in around 1:00 in the morning exhausted. The front desk told me that it was no problem checking out at 1:00 in the afternoon the next day if I needed sleep. The room had a fresh smell and looked clean. Microwave, fridge and ice machines were all nice to have. They looked new as well. They are strict on no smoking, but I find that a plus in my book. Although we didn't get a chance to swim, the pool looked kept up and it was a nice area for laying out.
Moreover, They had a breakfast that hit the spot. There was fruit, hot do it yourself waffles, cereal, eggs (hard boiled or made in circles to make into a breakfast mcmuffin type of thing), and your typical muffins and jelly rolls. They had a high chair for my daughter (most hotels in this price range don't get those details) and the staff was a true reflection of southern hospitality. They looked happy to be there. For the price, you can't beat it (other hotels in the area average around 125 a night). The crowd that stayed there were mostly traveling families. Some of the other posts mentioned older decor, but this is swapped out. The bedding was new, from what I understand, as of the month we stayed. The owner is putting a lot of heart and money into turning this place around.

Room Tip: the elevator is a little noisy, so perhaps request a room away from it. It wasn't a huge deal, j...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Davidson, North Carolina
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The staff at the counter were great and very friendly. Check in was fast. The front entrance is a little shabby, but the interior is fine. The elevator is very slow so in a busy time, you can wait a long time. The room was clean and ok for the price. The breakfast is the typical one you get in hotels today, there was a good choice of cereal, eggs, sausage, waffles and danish. Only complaint was that the coffee in the pots was not hot. The parking area is well lit.

Room Tip: no tips for this report
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple