“It's Average with Above Average Front Desk”

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Spartanburg
Chicago
“It's Average with Above Average Front Desk”
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Tara could easily work the front desk at a higher rated hotel. Everything else is average from the carpeting to the breakfast to Grandma's 1980s floral bedspreads. Vinyl tub/shower was clean without issue. I suggest getting a room on the top floor to cut down on noise. It's fine if all you're looking for is a safe, clean bed to crash on for a night.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Secret T
QualityGMSC429, Director of Sales at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with such positive feedback in regards to our staff! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words.

We are actually putting new bed spreads into our rooms this week, so we are saying "goodbye" to 80s style covers & "hello" modern day bedding!

We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations with fresher options the next time you are in town.

Kind Regards,

K. Batteaste

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Ive always stayed at this hotel when it was Fairfield Inn. And a good bit of times since the change. Ive always been satisfied with the service, Front desk Tara customer service was always excellent. So this past weekend I came into the hotel and Tara greeted me and checked me in. Excellent everything about her. So I get to my room start unpacking a few things. I come in the bathroom ato find hair on the floor and in the shower. The tissue on the roll was so low both of them and they had the nerve to try to fold the ends to make it look nice. The long mirror on the wall had looked like something had driped down it and dryed out. Once I got to the bed I notice that ther was a couple stains on the cover, I didnt want to complian I had already had a long day so I just took the cover off sat it on the floor and the top sheet. Ok so next morning the house keeper knocked on the door and ask if I need anything I told him that I need everthing. I need this whole room cleaned. He says ok. I leave out and come back about 12:30pm. Only to find tht he didnt clean the bathroom, he only changed one roll of tissue, the hair was still on the floor and shower the drips were still on the mirror and the same cover that I had on that floor with the stains on them he put right back on the bed. I was so furious I packed all my stuff and cut my weekend short, I went back home. I will never ever ever stay at this hotel again. I wasted 200 dollars last weekend here. The only thing good about this experience was Tara. I wish I wouldve went with my first instinct to stayed at the Marriott.

• Stayed May 2013
QualityGMSC429, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Jay 980.
Thank you for your review about our hotel. I did not find your stay at our hotel in our system. If you provide me your stay information I will look in your review and will definitely correct problem to provide better stay experience. we are committed to provide home away home experience to our beloved guest.
Again thank you for our hotel review.

Travelers are raving about these Spartanburg hotels

Sapphire, North Carolina
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The management is very helpful and nice. The staff and front desk could not be more friendly, helpful, and pleasant. The hotel is conveniently located to the University and close to the interstate as well as easy to locate.

Room Tip: Main floor and convenient to exit.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
QualityGMSC429, Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and hopefully we will see you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Decent size rooms with very comfortable beds. Decently clean and a average breakfast. No refrigerators in rooms, and the pool was outdoors and not open when we went. Also, no whirlpool. Some dis colored grout around the tub which needed care, other than that a decent place for a night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Knowing I was going to be out of town during Valentine's day I ask the staff to help make Cupid's day special for my wife. The night before the day of love I bight some roses, candy, balloons and a card. At eight the next morning a knock on the door was heard. My wife opened the door to find two staff members holding all the holiday goodies putting a huge smile on her face. So with their help our business trip turned out to be a life long memory.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank UnkleBillyBoob
Rockville, Virginia, United States
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Over the last few weeks we have stayed at Quality Inns in various states/locations and experienced a wide range of acceptability.

At this hotel in Spartanburg SC, everything and everyone was AWESOME! The desk clerk (Tara) was friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable. The room and bathroom were both sparkling clean. Every member of the staff we encountered - whether in the hallway or the breakfast area - was attentive to our needs, friendly, and personable. The breakfast... oh my!... 2+ hours after the start of service, it was still fresh and plentiful!

Good customer service comes from excellent training and supportive management. The management team at this hotel is doing it right, and it shows!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
QualityGMSC429, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Carolyn:

We can't thank you enough for not only singing our praises privately but for taking the time to public speak about your positive stay with us. You have gone above and beyond to let us know that our efforts are paying off. We greatly appreciate your business and your kind words. We can't wait to have you come back to Spartanburg so we can say "Welcome Home!" next time you walk through out doors. You will always have a place with us! In His - Kirby G Mack
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The check-in and check-out processes were flawless. The staff was extremely professional and pleasant. The beds were firm and very comfortable. The breakfast was hot and well-tended, even up to and beyond the official breakfast-closed time. I plan to stay there again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
particlephysics:

My name is Kirby Mack, I am the general manager of the Quality Inn and Suites in Spartanburg SC. Thank you so much for choosing us as your home away from home in Spartanburg. I realize you have tons of choices when you travel. Putting your faith in us is what helps us to continue to deliver a "home experience" to each of our guest vs the typical hotel stay. You candid review on this site means a lot to my staff and I. We wish you the best of luck in all your future travels and hope to see you again in the near future. In His - Kirby G Mack