“A Nice 4 day stay”

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Spartanburg
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We arrived to a nice lobby, friendly staff, and a nice spacious room. Our initial inspection revealed a clean room and nice mini kitchenette (Fridge, Microwave, counter and cabinets). The pool was nice and our kids enjoyed it. The breakfast was great offering a nice compliment of hot food(Biscuits and gravy, sausage, make your own waffles, oatmeal, toast) and cold food(cereal, muffins, breakfast bars, juices, etc). Round the clock coffee, fruit & snacks was nice. The staff was professional and helpful. They went beyond catering to our kids and us. Even when we had an issue on our last night (noisy guests jumping on floor above us....unsupervised children) did they call 3 times and sent the GM up to warn them to be quiet or leave. The only downsides: Hot hallways and elevators (we were in a 100+ degree heatwave...don't know if that affected it) and Ice machine on ground floor broken so Ice only available on 3rd floor, but was always available. Special thanks to Tara and Keniesha at the front desk who went far beyond requirement ot make our stay wonderful. THANK YOU!

Room Tip: Request an upper floor to avoid pool noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review on how we are performing. I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that my entire staff went above and beyond to make you feel at home. And while it's nearly impossible for us to control the actions of our other guests and I very pleased to hear that your situation was addressed efficiently and effectively handled by the Manager on Duty. Unfortunately as noted, our ice machine could not keep up with the high demand that weekend but you may be pleased to know that we have since addressed the issue and it's back up and running, good as new. Also as noted in my previous response to an early review, we were able to find a brand new compressor that can keep up with extremely high heat index's and it has since been ordered and installed. Lastly it's great to see a special thanks left for Tara and Kanesha. I realize how blessed I am to have them on as part of my staff. And in a fast paced costumer driven business, were some people will only voice their displeasure, it's very refreshing for them to see that their efforts don't go unnoticed. Again thank you very much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

This was a good hotel for a one night stop at a very reasonable price. It had the three things our group was wanted. The rooms were spacious. The outdoor pool was average, with the pool area rather spartan. The hot breakfast was good and the eating area was large enough.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank adventurer1234
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a candid review. Your feedback is crucial to our success and how we operate on a daily basis. Every review, be it good, bad, or indifferent, is closely listened to. We are very pleased to hear we met your expectations. May all of your future travels find you safe and sound. Kirby Mack (GM)

Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed here one night on a trip through the south. The hotel is very old...old scratched furniture, old carpeting, bed coverings old and frayed, dim lights in bathroom, etc. The place is just old! Upon check in we checked our beds (a habit now since we have read about bed bugs everywhere) and there were crumbs all over the bottom sheet. We had the desk staff redo the entire bed before we stayed. Carpets were not vacuumed very well, old M+Ms and lint on the floor. The hallways and elevator were extremely hot, no A/C apparently. The hotel was also not in the best part of town. However, the staff did their best and were friendly. We only stayed one night and the bed was reasonably comfortable.

What sort of trip was this? Select one Business Couples Family Friends Solo

Business

Couples

Family

Friends

The hotel was also not in the best part of town.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Greetings! My name is Kirby Mack, The General Manager of the Quality Inn and Suites. I wanted to take a moment to respond to your review. I am deeply sorry for the housekeeping issues you experienced while staying with us. We do our very best to ensure that everything is kept clean, well maintained, and is as up to date as possible. I deeply apologize that we did not fulfill your expectations but I will make sure to investigate this review with my housekeeping manager and I assure you all issues covered will be addressed immediately. Unfortunately the weekend you stayed with us, due to high temperatures often peaking in the 100's, our hallway AC compressor was overworked. This problem was taken care of as quickly as possible. We were able to find a brand new compressor that can keep up with extremely high heat index's and it has since been ordered and installed. Lastly, we have been part of the Spartanburg community for over 13 years and have never had any issues regarding guest safety. We take your safety EXTREMELY serious. The Spartanburg County Police Headquarters is located directly behind us and they are asked to patrol our parking lot hourly to ensure your protection. Thank you again for your candid review and insight on our property. It helps us to focus on certain areas we may have overlooked. We hope to get the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed overnight on our way to Folly Beach. We have stayed here before and I would stay again.

The room was clean and everything worked well. The room had two queen beds and this is always a plus and something I look for when traveling with family.

Check in was quick and easy.

This hotel is close enough to all the major highways to make it convenient.

The Breakfast was very good and had biscuits and gravy and waffles. It made for a quick exit on Saturday morning.

We did have a clogged toilet and it took quite a while and two calls to the desk to get a plunger.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Hello, I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your candid review of our property. Everyone here strives daily to make sure that you get the best experience possible. I am very pleased to read that your visit with us was a positive one. I do apologize for the slight inconvenience of the clogged toilet. I will make sure to review our policy with my staff to ensure that they remember to respond as efficiently as possible to any problems a guest reports. I hope all of your future travels find you safe and sound. In His, Kirby Mack (GM)

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Would say below average, not totally horrible, but close. Things you may need to know :
Ice machines on every floor were empty. My daughter then bought a drink out of drink machine and it was hot. So I ended up going to a gas station and buying ice.
Room had three towels, we had four people. I went to the front desk to get more towels and was told they were out. No more towels till 8am when housekeeping gets back in, REALLY?? Went to the room and pulled the comforter off the bed (had stains on it). The blanket had a cigarette burn hole in it (non-smoking room). Called the front desk, clerk said bring the blanket down for a different one. I politely said, no I am tired send one up. Clerk said she could not as she was the only person working, REALLY??

Next morning around 10am I went back to the front desk.....still no towels.

Other than that it was not bad for a stay over. They rated below average due to the inconveniences of not being able to shower without drip drying and having to go to a service station and buy ice to keep drinks cold. (No refrigerator in room). Staff was friendly enough.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
QualityGMSC429, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your business and value your feedback. My staff and I are dedicated to providing every guest with a clean affordable room, every time. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. Unfortunately due to the high demand and hot weather our ice machines sometimes run out of ice and need a moment to refill. This is one reason we ask that guests please not fill their coolers. Also safety is essential to us at the Quality Inn and Suites. Our policy states that employees, male or female, first request that our guests come to the front desk for requested amenities when they are the only employee on shift, especially when its after hours. I thank you again for choosing us as your home away from home, should we be blessed with earning your business again please know that rooms with microwave and refrigerators are available upon request. May all of your future travels find you safe and sound.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

We had a nice stay in this hotel. Internet and cable worked well and the rooms were clean. Every day they had a continental breakfast with more options than I have ever seen! They had cereal, breads and bagels, fruit, waffles you could make yourself, and all kinds of to-go cereal and granola bars. Location was very convenient and near the EXPO center where we were attending a conference. Lots of dinner options available near-by.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete this review to let us know how we are doing. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you loved what our breakfast has to offer. We know the importance of that "first meal". Olga, our Breakfast Ambassador, takes her job VERY serious and does her absolute best to provide you with as many choices as possible. She will be very excited to hear about this review. Thank you again for your candid thoughts and we look forward to serving you again in the near future. Kirby Mack (GM)

Reviewed April 24, 2012

This property is conveniently located to Spartanburg, the interstate (I 85) and the airport. The room was recently updated, clean and comfortable. The Breakfast was adequate. What really made the trip pleasurable was the friendly and knowledgeable staff. Although the hotel was very busy the weekend we spent there the staff took time to give us directions and advice.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JudgeDredd55
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

On behalf of my employee's I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete this review. More often than not, people will voice their dissatisfaction and not think to praise the employee's who deserve it. We appreciate your business and value your feedback. My staff and I are dedicated to providing you with a clean affordable room every time and it warms our hearts to know that we did just that. That we met our goals and made such an impact. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the near future. Kirby Mack (General Manager)