“Clean hotel”

Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Spartanburg
Dayton, Ohio
“Clean hotel”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I was a bit nervous about what the room was going to look like since I got it for only $62/night. But it wasnt too bad. We picked this hotel because we needed some place in Spartanburg that accepted dogs. The room was very clean although in need of some updates....especially the TV. I was disappointed, however, in the housekeeping. We stayed for two nights and the room was never cleaned. We even told the front desk clerk that it needed cleaned. We left aroun 2pm, came back at 8 and it still wasn't clean. We had to go down and get new towels and toilet paper....I guess I shouldn't expect it to be the Hilton! Breakfast was decent and front desk staff was always smiling.

• Stayed February 2012
QualityGMSC429, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
To "amb24"

My name is Kirby Mack, I am the general manager of the Quality Inn and Suites in Spartanburg SC. I wanted to first off thank you for your recent stay with us. I realize that there are plenty of hotels in Spartanburg for you to choose from. I am very grateful for the opportunity to earn your business and your trust as your home away from home. We appreciate your business and value your feedback. I wanted to thank you personally for taking the time to fill out a survey. These surveys are our most powerful tool. They enable us to hear the voice of our valued guests and effectively make changes where necessary.

At the end of the day my main goal is to provide a "perfect 10" stay. Your feedback is crucial to helping me with this effort. Thank you for your honesty and your time. While there are some update issues that our beyond my control, what is in my direct hands I assure you I will address. A housekeeping meeting has been planned and during it I plan on re-certifying each member of my staff. This will include making them retake the Choice Housekeeping seminars and tests they had to pass when hired.

I hope that all of your future travels find you safe and sound.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Byron Center, MI
Reviewed February 9, 2012

The area wasn't the best, but had no problems. We were in room 307 and the shower surround was terribly cracked and needed replacing. The rest of the room was fine. Breakfast bar was good with several choices. The desk clerk was helpful and she recommended a decent steakhouse for dinner.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear "SummerTyme08"

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We were in town for only one night. Found the Quality Inn on Tripadvisor. Checked in late to our room. Discovered we needed a tooth brush, went to the desk to get one and discovered they were all out. My wife wanted some more coffee for the room and wanted to swap decaf or regular, they were out of regular. The drink station in the lobby was not ready for guests that evening.
We were pleased with our room. It was spacious, clean and comfortable.
The breakfast the next morning was good and gave us numerous options of things to eat.
We both like the Belgium waffles and they turned out very tasty.
Aside from the issues upon arrival, we would definitely state here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear "gwebbdawg"

At the end of the day my main goal is to provide a "perfect 10" stay. Your feedback is crucial to helping me with this effort. Thank you for your honesty and your time. I deeply apologize for running out of the items you requested at check in. We try our best to maintain a reasonable stock of supplies at all times. However, sometimes, deliveries do not happen as planned. I am very sorry for the inconvenience this caused you.

I hope the rest of your travels find you safe.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Everytime we stop at a Quality Inn we make a joke it is a less than quality inn. This one was no exception. Dicey area of town. Newer rooms but had an odor. My husbands pet peeve is hair on anything. Hair found in bedding made him frantic. We stayed because it was so late in the night. Probably would have stayed somewhere else if given the choice.

• Stayed August 2011
QualityGMSC429, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
I would like to apologize for the problem you encountered while staying with us. We are under going a lengthily 3, 6, and 12 month renovation process to better improve our product and our guest experience. I have addressed your concerns with my housekeeping staff and I have instituted and hairnet policy effective immediately. Please know we are doing the best we can to accommodate every guest with a problem-less experience while they are away from their home. - Kirby Mack (General Manager)

Travelers are raving about these Spartanburg hotels

Reviewed August 7, 2011

We went based on other reviews.
Area left a lot to desired. Wish we would have stayed 2 miles south and closer to mall. Seemed safer.
Got to room and their were multiple human hairs on blankets of both beds. Pillow case had stain on it as if had not been washed. Absolutely disgusting!

• Stayed August 2011
I would like to apologize for the problem you encountered while staying with us.I understand your concern with our location but I assure you we are in one of the safest parts of town as the Spartanburg County Police Headquarters is located directly behind us. Also you may be happy to know that we are under going a lengthily renovation process to better improve our product and our overall guest experience. Lastly, I have addressed your concerns with my housekeeping staff and I have instituted and hairnet policy effective immediately. Thank you for staying with us and I hope your future travels find you safe and sound. - Kirby Mack (General Manager)
Clay City, Kentucky
Reviewed July 10, 2011

My family stayed at the Quality Inn on our way from Pigeon Forge, Tennessee to Litchfield Beach, South Carolina. The employee at the front desk was friendly and helpful. The room itself was very clean and the beds were comfortable. Every employee that we came in contact with at this hotel was friendly and hospitable. We stopped at this hotel for one night and it was the best hotel we stayed at during our whole trip. It is a great value and the employees make you feel at home. We will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed April 8, 2011

This is an older Fairfield Inn (FFI) that has received minimal updates and is showing its age. Nothing is damaged or gross, but it's not up to the current FFI standard.The work area is small and the chair was uncomfortable. It has an older style micro/fridge and 25" tube TV. The bed bowed in the middle but the pillows were comfortable. The carpet was worn thin in several areas and dirty in spots. The breakfast was better than average with waffles and hot sandwiches. The room was recently painted. The bathroom door was delaminating. If the price is right (under 70) I would stay here again for 1 night, if not, there may be better choices nearby.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business