“GREAT STAFF! Super Stay!”

Hampton Inn Spartanburg - North I-85
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Spartanburg
Vancouver, WA
“GREAT STAFF! Super Stay!”
Reviewed April 21, 2009

My husband and I spent one night at the Hampton Spartanburg while traveling through SC. I can't say enough about how friendly and helpful ALL the staff were, from the desk staff to the maids to the breakfast bar attendants. Everyone was eager to assist and make sure our stay was pleasant.
We enjoyed the "manager's reception" held between 5-7 pm with wine, beer, cheese, ham, crackers, soda, fruit, wonderful fresh cookies, etc. It was a treat! The room was quiet, clean, well equipped and very comfortable. The bathroom even had a nightlight which I've never seen anywhere else. (I usually bring my own.)
The hot breakfast was excellent, with eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, fruit salad, cereals, juices, etc. Since we were going to be on the road the staff told us to be sure and grab "To Go" bags with fruit, water, granola bar, and muffin. We really appreciated them the next day when we had to catch an early flight.
The room had free bottled water and welcome goodies. The decor was very tastful, and plenty of toiletries were provided. The location is convenient off I-85, although not an ideal location, but the parking lot was well lit and safe and room was quiet. My only suggestion might be adding microwaves to the rooms.
When going out for dinner we asked the front desk staff for restaurant suggestions, and ended up at the hole-in-the wall type barbecue diner right next door that had excellent down home cooking. And it was cheap! My husband had been wanting some good Southern "barbecue" and we got it! The make their own pulled pork and sauce. We'd definitely eat there again.
Great hotel! Best one on our trip to the South.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
South Carolina
Reviewed August 8, 2008

I just stayed at the Hampton Inn during the Choral Fest in Spartanburg. I have stayed at many hotels and motels before and I must say this was one of the most pleasant that I have ever stayed at. The rooms were wonderful and the linens and comforter were wonderful. I was so very comfortable. The staff, starting at the very beginning when we registered ,to the ladies that cleaned ,to the ladies that prepared the breakfast (very nice), to the men walking around the grounds were as nice as I could ever ask for. Everyone seemed very concerned as to whether we were having a nice stay. The breakfast was one of the best, to be a continental breakfast that I have ever seen.I will return again. I give everyone there 5 stars plus. I have already told our Pastor that I wanted this hotel booked for next year. I don't want to stay anywhere else. Also I felt very safe here. It's not always easy traveling alone with just women, but I felt very must at ease.

• Liked — I likes everything, honest.
  • Disliked — Nothing, I have no complaints.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
columbia, sc
Reviewed May 28, 2008

I travel to Spartanburg regularly on business. I stay at the Hampton Inn because they offer the government rate for government employees. Each time I stay, there are cookies, mints, and a water bottle waiting in my room. They always call to make sure I have everything I need. No matter how many toiletries I forget, they cheerfully provide them. The location is just off the highway and about 10 minutes from downtown. The only complaint I have is that the gym needs to be updated. However, the staff is so wonderful, they really make your stay.

• Liked — the staff
  • Disliked — the gym
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Frankfort, Kentucky
Reviewed February 27, 2008

My wife and I stayed here one night while on our way to Charleston. I did quite a bit of research on-line after I figured out about where we would want to stop for the night. I gambled a little bit with this property as it only had 3 reviews and one was not good. I hit the jackpot! This place was clean and well lit when we arrived after dark. Check-in was quick and we were handed our warm chocolate chip cookie.

The warm was clean and all the furniture looked new. The bed was great! There was a college baseball team staying on the property that made me wince a bit....but we did not hear a peep. The only issue at all we had was that the ice maker was right across the hall from us and we heard every time somebody got ice.

Breakfast was a bit more than basic.....some kind of hot breakfast pizza....cerial, fruit, coffee juice..it was quick and filling. I have yet to find a Hampton I dont like and this one is no exception.

Also, the rate at this Hampton was 20+ dollars less than the other Hampton in S-burg. We drove about 6 miles off of 26 to try this property and I was happy we did.

• Liked — The Bed was great!
  • Disliked — The location was not perfect...we were traveling on I-26
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed May 1, 2006

This hotel was a real credit to the Hilton hotel family.
• Property: new and well-maintained, room quite clean and very nicely prepared.
• Bathroom: clean, great shower, bowed shower curtain rod prevented encroaching curtain during shower, shower head placed high on wall, good water pressure, good towels.
• Breakfast: very good selection, available 7-10 am
• Staff: very polite and helpful
Overall rating (Poor, Good, Excellent): Excellent
Highly recommended for your stay

• Stayed April 2006
2 Thank The_Examined_Life
Tupelo, Mississippi
Reviewed July 20, 2005

I stayed at this Hampton on the way to the High Point fabric show. It is as nice a hotel as I have ever stayed at. The staff went out of their way to be courteous. The decor was very updated and modern. The room I stayed in was exceptionally clean and smelled fresh. It had a comfortable king bed and a divider with a sofa and coffee table on the other side to sit and watch TV. The bathroom was very clean and spotless and had a massaging shower head and plenty of amenities. All the appliances the TV and A/C unit were brand new and the A/C had an electronic thermostat, it was quiet and cool. The breakfast was just a continental one but it was fresh and tasted pretty good. Also very convenient to I-85. Overall an excellent value because of a very decent price and near-luxury rooms.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank Baron_350
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed July 13, 2005

We stayed at this hotel for two seperate nights, on our way to and back from Atlanta. The first night was pleasant. The second night(Room 323)was awful. The carpet was damp and sticky. Not a very good experience.

• Stayed July 2005