“Not Bad, One or Two Slip-ups”

Hampton Inn Spartanburg - North I-85
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Spartanburg
Fairfax, Virginia
“Not Bad, One or Two Slip-ups”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife and I spent one night here on our way to Alabama. As others have said, it's clean, convenient to I-85, and a good place to stay.

Two negative comments, one positive, and one observation. We arrived at the Hampton after an 8-hour drive. Kind of tired. President's Day. It was about 7 P.M. when we arrived. We went to our room, walked in (with a loaded luggage cart) and immediately heard the toilet "running." Upon examination, the flapper needed to be either replaced or, perhaps, adjusted. I was not up for Plumbing 101 after an 8-hour trip. Went down to the front desk. They had no one at that hour to look at it, so they moved us to a room on a different floor. Push the luggage cart to the elevator, etc. How was it possible that housekeeping walked out of that room and didn't notice the toilet running? Problem #2, and this is kind of picky, but... When we booked online about a week ahead, there were only handicapped rooms available. Rate is higher for those rooms. Neither my wife nor I are handicapped. We think it would have been an appropriate gesture to give us the rooms for the "regular" rate. But that didn't happen.

A positve point. We got up too late for their complementary breakfast. We walked down into the lobby where the breakfast buffet was set up. The kitchen staff had put almost everything away. They saw us looking and asked, "Would you like breakfast?" Sure. So they brought everything back out, eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. Made certain it was hot. And we had a very nice breakfast. Very considerate of them.

The observation: When we arrived, we wanted to get a decent dinner. No Wendy's or McDonalds! Looking for an Olive Garden, Outback, Applebees, that kind of thing. There are none at this exit! So we had to get in our car, drive a couple of exits back on I-85, where we found a couple of local restaurants that fit the bill. Unfortunate, as the last thing we wanted at this point was more driving. The restaurant, "Capri," was fine.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonInn29303, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Spartanburg - North I-85, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your informative review. We value the opinion of all of our guests.
The desk clerk did bring that to the attention of the housekeeper. Moving forward extra care will be given to this type of issue. We are glad you were able to enjoy a clean room and nice hot breakfast. We do hope you return so that we can show you the true quality of our hotel.

A.Crook

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Griffin, Georgia, United States
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The staff was very friendly. Not a bad hotel, especially for the money. The rooms were clean, and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast left a little to be desired. The area was clean but, the food quality was lacking a little. The food wasn't bad, just not what I expect from a Hampton.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HamptonInn29303, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Spartanburg - North I-85, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
We are glad you took the time to let us know how we are doing. We are always looking for feedback from our guest so we know what areas we need to work on. We are currently changing our breakfast menu to better suit our guest preferences. We want you to leave happy and satisfied with every aspect of our hotel. And will strive to keep working on this!
South Carolina
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This was a typical Hampton Inn, a safe choice and good value. Room was comfortable, clean and quiet. Free breakfast. Beds were comfortable. Staff was polite and helpful. Located in a convenient location right off I-85. I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HamptonInn29303, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Spartanburg - North I-85, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
We are glad that your expectations of Hampton Inn led you to us here at Hampton Inn North Spartanburg. Your review helps reassure all that we are doing things the right way. We love hearing feedback from our valued guests. We look forward to having you with us again at Hampton Inn North Spartanburg for another clean, quiet and comfortable stay.

Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel wasn't bad at all. I appreciated the note on our bed's headboard that said, "Clean sheets and linens." And it's always a relief when you check the mattress and there are no signs of bedbugs!

The only complaint I have is that when we arrived in the room, in the bathroom tub there was an old bar of soap that had hair on it from a previous guest. Seems a little hard to miss during the cleaning of a room, but I know everyone's human and sometimes little things like that are going to be missed.

Other than that.. Good location, good complimentary breakfast, and friendly staff. Oh, and they gave us military discount - which is always great!! We even got the discount on a room with the jacuzzi. So that was awesome.

Room Tip: Even though we got a room with a jacuzzi.. I was a little let down because it was stained a yellowis...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonInn29303, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Spartanburg - North I-85, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review. We would like to inform you that this is certainly not common for our hotel. We have brought this to the attention of the Housekeeping staff. We sincerely apologize for this issue. We encourage you to always let the front desk or other staff member know immediately if any issue arises.
We are so glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay. We hope that you allow us to show you in the future the quality you expect from Hampton Inn.

Font Office Manager
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I always receive excellent service at thsi facility...very accommodating and friendly. Very convenient to I-85 and excellent price for the money. I would highly recommend this location as a choice when staying in hte Spartanburg, SC area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HamptonInn29303, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Spartanburg - North I-85, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Mrs. Sheryl,
Thank you for your positive comments about your stay with us at Hampton Inn North. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our loyal guests are so important to us and we try to take every opportunity to show them! Having your recommendations puts a smile on our faces. Thank you for letting us and others know how we are doing! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Hampton Inn North Spartanburg!

Chesterfield, Virginia
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while visiting relatives in Spartanburg and would definately stay there again! Very clean!!! We booked two rooms for the weekend. There was a small amount of traffic noise audible even over a fan brought from home. The complimentary breakfast was ok- could use bacon and real scrambled eggs. The coffee was very good. The rooms were spacious enough and the beds were clean & comfortable.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HamptonInn29303, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Spartanburg - North I-85, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
We are glad to have been apart of your pleasant experience during your trip to Spartanburg. . Thank you for letting us know how we are doing. We know a lot goes into booking a hotel for your travels. We hope your pleasant experience will be a memorable one. We would certainly love to have you here at Hampton Inn North again

Bella Vista, Arkansas
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Hotel clean, lobby under renovation so looks bare but clean. Didn't interfere with my needs, including breakfast. Bed comfy, thick towels, water consistently hot. Only issue was shower head had a mind of its own so didn't get the setting I wanted. Told them at checkout and they said they'd fix it for next guest. All is good.

• Stayed November 2012
HamptonInn29303, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Spartanburg - North I-85, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
We'd love to have you again! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay here at Hampton Inn North Spartanburg despite the current renovations. We are working hard to maintain a clean comfortable environment for our guests. Its so good to know that it's not going unnoticed.