“Good As Always”

Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Spartanburg
Heber Springs
“Good As Always”
Reviewed August 28, 2011

Have stayed here probably five times in the past six months and I've not had a problem yet. My room has always been clean, the check-in and check-out process has been smooth, and when I return to Spartanburg I will stay here again. I travel extensively throughout the country and this hotel always meets my needs and expectations. The wireless runs fast with no problems and there are numerous restaurants within a mile or two.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank markb822

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
St. Louis
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Not what we expected of Sleep Inn. Stayed on first floor. Filthy, stained carpet in the hall to the rooms. The bathroom in our room had a not so clean pocket door, no tub, just a shower. Breakfast - pastries, cereal, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, 1 waffle maker

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jayr09

Travelers are raving about these Spartanburg hotels

Cornelius, North Carolina
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Well it's just your average sleep inn. I thought the room was just like the 100 other sleep inns I have been in. The staff was friendly. Even though I came in at like 4am, they had not charged me for missing my reservation and cancelled it. I always like when people aren't punitive when things happen.
Decent breakfast and good bed.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank drkappasig
Hazlet, New Jersey
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I am a musician who tours a lot of colleges. I stayed at the Sleep Inn because it was close to Converse College in Spartanburg. The location was safe and well lit, right off a major highway. The rooms were clean and decently kept up. Nothing incredible, but you could see that they had done their best to maintain the facility.
Once I checked out, I was sitting in the lobby waiting for a ride back to the airport and it looked like my ride may not get there in time. Well, to make a long story short, the owner was there at the time and struck up a conversation asking about my stay and where I was headed. I told him my story and he and his son went out of their way to drive me to the airport!!
I felt so blessed that day. And they refused even a bit of money for gas. They said "We are in the business of hospitality." They were so nice and lovely, really.
They are going to be in business for a long time if this type of customer service is standard practice for them. :) I can't thank them enough.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Troubadour4
Vancouver,washington
Reviewed April 1, 2010

We needed to go to Greenville-Spartanburg area to look for a house to buy and we were there on a travelocity internet special, as the rates were horrible otherwise. We spent four days at the Sleep Inn in Spartanburg.. First of all the breakfast was very bad. No eggs or breakfast meat available. However the waffles were good but nothing else hot. We went next door to The Dennys on day three. Next the cleaning staff failed to leave towels for us on our second day there. After returning from a long day house hunting we had not towels, no replacement coffee packets , no replacement cups and no replacement toilet paper. They did visit the room as we had replacement soap and shampoo!! Not once was the room vacuumed. Once complaining, on day three the room was better stocked except or TP. One big annoyance was the inability to print our boarding passes. Not only did they not have a business center they told us that they would not offer that courtesy to us as a personal favor. Surely they have a printer somewhere in their offices. Excuse was something about viruses. Also on travelocity it is stated they have an association with a health club near by -which as it turned out is out of business and they offer no replacement gym nor do they have any mini gym in the facility. There is no DVD in any rooms . No reason to stay there ever again. We were a one timer .

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank cslavigne
cincinnati, ohio
Reviewed October 20, 2009

Generally, I've used Sleep Inn over the last 6 or 8 years because as the newest chain around their buildings are younger than most meaning they should be in better shape physically than most. This one must be one of the first units or the owners just don't give a damn.
Location: Off I-26 in central Spartansburg.
Building: Set up like all Sleep Inns except the building is reversed - the back is by the street and the office is nearest the rear parking lot.
Rooms set up like all Sleep Inns with all the normal amenities, room was clean as was bathroom.
This location is SHOWING IT'S AGE in the public areas - wear and tear, stained carpets, broken fixtures - time for an overhaul. In today's economy, probably won't happen. Management here cann't seem to solve some basic personnel problems in the unit (based upon the reviews I see here), a total overhaul is way beyond this bunch's capablity.
Staff: Talk about day and night!!!!!!!!!!! The evening clerk that checked me in was one of the most professional I've ever met - couldn't do enough for me. In the morning, however, I NEVER saw a desk clerk. Came down to check out (skipped cold breakfast at motel for hot breakfast across street at Denney's) and found a sign on desk that clerk would be back shortly. 5 minutes later still not back, went out to car. 5 minutes later returned, no clerk. 5 minutes after that, still no clerk - 15 minutes total. Asked a housekeeper if they'd seen the desk clerk - got a shoulder shrug, a shake of the head, and just kept going. Dropped the key cards on the desk and walked out, never to return. As a man who runs his own business, I can tell you that money is made when the register sings, and the register sings in a motel when the tenents check out in the morning - AND THAT'S WHEN THE CLERK NEEDS TO BE RINGING THE REGISTER!!!! At my place, the clerk would be unemployed immediately.

After reviewing other reviews dating back into previous years, it appears this behavior has been going on for some time - but I guarantee you not on my dime from here on out.
Holiday Inn is putting up some new properties which are really nice. (see my other contributions)

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bassbum
Smithville
Reviewed September 8, 2009

The desk clerk was not the friendliest, the room smelled, the air conditioner barely worked, the hair dryer was lying on the counter and the room was kind of average. With all the commercials advertising you would think you would find a better kept facility. This place is not much more than an economy motel(roach coach).

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family