“Good food and good service the norm here.”

Coach House Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 119 Restaurants in Simpsonville
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This is a South Carolina Greek/Italian restaurant with a vast 7 page menu sure to offer something for everyone. My go to favorite when nothing else will do is the pecan crusted chicken. A generous portion of pounded chicken breast with a wonderfully light breading, encrusted with lots of pecans which get toasted and yummy when cooked. My husband's favorites include the lasagna or the chicken souvlaki. Sides are varied, some are great, some just normal fare but there is a long list to choose from. Daily specials change, and there are regular recurring Mon-Sat specials on the menu as well. Also love a boost from their liver and onions, something you can't just get anywhere! We go as a couple regularly but all of our friends and family from out of town always request to go there when they visit, so sometimes we've got an overflowing table full. We have been going here for 12 years and still enjoy it. I do have one complaint though. They serve breakfast all day long, but hash browns cost extra unless it is after 11 or on Sunday. I think this is a sin and find it very annoying. I am not a grits person and I resent paying for hash browns above the entree price. This policy needs to be deep-sixed! I actually left the restaurant a few weeks back over this issue. I was ordering a breakfast in the $8.99 range and had no desire to add almost $2 to that number just to have potatoes at 9 am! Anyway, back to the good stuff! Home made deserts on display are always delish but often there is no room. They give you a good value for your $ here.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Good food at reasonable prices. Portions are a little too big, either your too stuffed or your wasting food. Only complaint is they don't seem to understand eggs over medium, always under done and milky.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Very good food and service. The owners usually visit tables and chat with customers and are very personable. If you want home cooking without the work, then this is your place. A few dishes aren't seasoned to my taste, but not many. Once you find your favorites, you can count on them to be the same every time.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I've been here many times...never a bad meal. This time I took a friend. We both had the Philly Mozerella chopped steak with grilled onions and mushrooms. We were blown away with the size of the chopped sirloin! The taste of the meet was exceptional, and the accompaniments made it special. The fries were fresh, hot, and very tasty. Cole slaw was good, sweet like we like it. We decided to split a home made eclair. This was the only disappointment...not the eclair, it was wonderful...the price was $3.89 for ONE eclair! You won't be disappointed in eating at the Coach House.

1  Thank Ranger2004
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were in town for a week, and found this restaurant online. We drove past several branded restaurants on Sunday evening and they all had less than a dozen cars in their lots. The Coach House (which is not easy to find) had a full lot and the welcome says it all from the start.

The food is excellent, the staff makes everyone smile and there is great value here. I came back a second time, which I rarely do on these kinds of trips.

Well done!