“Don't waste your time.”

Ranked #19 of 118 Restaurants in Simpsonville
Cuisines: American
“Don't waste your time.”
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

See title. Food is bland and overcooked. Try somewhere else. Will never frequent another Applebee's.

• Visited November 2012

Honea Path, South Carolina
“Tough ribs”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I like to go to Applebee's to get their baby back ribs. My wife and I went to this location in Simpsonville and was disappointed, The waitress was very friendly and checked on us constantly. The baby back rib platter I ordered was terrible. These little ribs were so tough that I could not pull the meat from the bones and barely could chew the meat off the bone. I have never had a bad experience at any other Applebee's and maybe this was just a bad batch of rib meat at this particular restaurant. I felt bad for the waitress when she came to ask how our meal was with a smile and I was grumbling about how tough the ribs were. Not her fault and I left good tip. I didn't send the ribs back and just continued to eat them because I just don't send food back unless it is uneatable. Taste was okay just very tough. Waitress didn't make any attempt to take them back to the kitchen to try some different ones or contacting the manager, so I figured what the heck, just eat them and move on. Have not been back.

• Visited March 2013
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Service was good, but don't get the steak”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The steak was so tough, it was inedible. The service was friendly, and the atmosphere is standard Applebee's. There are so many better places nearby in this price range - try O'Charleys down Fairview Road for instance.

• Visited July 2013
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Good food poor service broken high chair”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Good - the 2 for $20 meals come with an appetizer and 2 entrees. Great deal for a family on a budget. We ate on a Saturday night around 5:30 and just made it in before the crowd.
Bad - we were sat directly beside the waiting area and could hear all of the conversations. We ordered drinks and all came out but one the waiter said another server stole it from him. When the appetizer arrived we did not have plates and the waiter said the dishwasher walked out the night before and they are behind. We told the waiter that the high chair we had was broken. The others were in use and we asked him to keep an eye out for one. The manager came by and we told him about the broken high chair. He quickly found us a replacement and said they are cheap and always break. After that we had to ask for drink refills, boxes, and the check. The waiter was annoying all night just wanting to talk our heads off. At one point he was singing a song from lord of the rings in a "daemon" type voice. It's good to love your job and have fun but customer respect should be first.

Pelzer, South Carolina
“Good!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Food was good - servers friendly and food arrived in a reasonable time. Will be eating lunch there soon!

Visited October 2012