“Good Food, Cozy Place.”

Papas and Beer
Ranked #8 of 119 Restaurants in Simpsonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 17, 2012

went to eat on december 15 2012, 6pm. party 0f 2, small building , but the food is good and drinks are good to. service was good and food came out at a good rate, table side avacado dip very much recomended.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Kind of a hole in the wall but very very good California style mexican food. Super fresh super good. I had the Mexico City Taco's, one carnitas, one chicken, and one steak. Really excellent food at a good price. I had the tacos and two beers for like $15. I will be back.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We love celebrating family birthdays at Papas and Beer-Haywood Road. They sing to the birthday patron and serve a fried ice cream. We do pass on the shared sombrero hat though.
Great and quick service ...even on very busy nights. They can even hand make a frozen skinny/light margerita. Salads are wonderful and they accommodate your request should it not be on the menu such as.grilled salmon over a Caesar salad.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Great food, large portions, not your average Mexican establishment. Need a bigger place though cause it's always packed!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We love Papa's and Beer and usually end up there when we decide to go out to eat, which is not very often. They have a tiny little building which can seem a bit cramped since it's very popular and always full, but I think it adds to the authenticity of the place! Reminds me of the authentic places we used to frequent when we lived in San Diego. In fact, Papas and Beer serves California style Mexican cuisine and I'm so glad. The salsa bar is excellent and my kids are pretty brave and always want to try the different ones. Be careful though, some of the salsa's are HOT. I love the pumpkin seed salsa. I'm getting hungry just talking about it.

We do like the Haywood location, but I found that the SImpsonville location is better. They serve authentic whole pinto beans with the entrees where the Haywood location serves refried beans, which are very good as well...i just prefer the pinto.

Very affordable. We went in there one night on a tight budget and the four of us (me, hubby, my 12 year old son and my 7 year old son) ate on $21+ tip. Of course that night we drank water, but my point is we were stuffed like a tamale when we left and had leftovers for about what we'd pay for a meal at Wendy's.

Highly recommend. It's good stuff! Try it. Oh, but if you go on a weekend, be prepared to wait a little while. I have to say, I've never waited longer than 20 minutes though.