“great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Simpsonville
Flowery Branch, Georgia
“great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

We arrived late and were greeted by a friendly woman at the desk. We slept in and knew we missed breakfast but I went down for coffee anyway. The attendant was cleaning up but she offered me fruit, yogurt, etc and even went back to get me a spoon.
The room was spacious, very clean and very quiet. Comfortable bedding and a good WiFi connection.We didn't see or use the fitness center or pool.
We had our well behaved dog with us. The website says they charge $25 for pets and they did. When we got the bill, the charge had been removed, so I don't quite understand the policy.
Overall a great stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Buzz_of_The_Branch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Little Elm, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

First of all this property is well away from Greenville, SC. It's located in a strange ring around a mall off an interstate. The building itself is very nice with great beds. What brings this place down is the quirky staff and how they handle you.

Asked for some extra towels and the front clerk asked... "Why do you need more towels?". Asked her for an extra blanket and I received, dare i even say it, a "blank stare". She then went back to having supper in the lobby sitting area with her husband or whomever.

The breakfast hostess was an extremely hyper women who asked you every 30 seconds if you "needed anything". She also took up a position smack dab in the middle of the dining room and simply stared at what the guests were consuming. Had a late check-out and as I was clearing the elevator I overheard a couple of the housekeepers complaining that they had to hang around until I vacated.

Real classy joint and my advice would be not to stay here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ChakaBoi
Topsail Island, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

Nice big rooms, comfy bed, flat screen, very clean, great location for food, nice gym with weight machine, clean pool, friendly staff, free beer and food 2 nights a week....after a good relaxing night its all down hill when you take a shower in the morning. There's no water pressure! Its actually one of my favorite hotels to stay at in the large territory I cover and only 1 room I stay in because I had them remove the water governer from the shower head....but if I don't get my room my normally 5 min morning shower takes 20 mins.

• Stayed October 2011
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

The bed was so comfortable, I wish I could have taken it with me to my next destination. This is a newer hotel and it shows, with the excellent condition and cleanliness . The only glitch we encountered was the breakfast bar. There was a large wedding party the weekend we stayed and the hotel did not seem prepared to handle the surge of people at breakfast time. The hotel staff could have done a better job with restocking the breakfast area, and cleaning up spills , so that other guests in the hotel could have enjoyed. Otherwise, our stay was great and we would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again .

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank septmorn
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2011

was in town for business and spent 4 nights at the hotel. Very friendly staff, room was very comfortable and CLEAN. I will recommend this hotel to my company to use for stays in the Greenville/Simpsonville area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank rbcatusc
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for weekend visit to Simpsonville. It was conveniently located with easy access to Walmart and several restaurants. I agree with previous post that service is not optimal - both check in and check out front desk person was busy talking to a friend and offered her service to me second.

The room was a good size and nice to have a full couch. The bed was comfortable. The room was not very clean, however. I left a note for the maid to vaccuum, and she did. However, you shouldn't have to ask for that you'd think. Also the shower had some mold - surprising for a fairly new hotel. The walls are pretty thin - could hear the hollering children in the hallway without any trouble.

Free internet service worked quickly & was reliable.

While I wasn't expecting a lot for breakfast, it was disappointing. The breakfast area was nice, but apparently the hotel was full as it was quite crowded.

Will try another hotel the next time I visit.

Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2011

My family and I stayed at this Comfort Suites last weekend while visiting extended family in Simpsonville. Our room was not cleaned at all on Saturday and when I inquired about it, I was told that housekeeping would be back that they only came through to pick up linens. Our room never did get cleaned and I had to make our beds myself. We had a blown light bulb in the bathroom that I requested a replacement for twice with no response. As if this wasn't enough there were a lot of drunken folks hanging out in the lobby, 20 feet from our room, and wow, were they ever loud! They even had the patio door propped open with a twelve pack of beer, That tells you the level of rowdiness. They did settle down somewhat after we complained but with the level of noise, we shouldn't have had to say anything, it should have been taken care of.
This is a very new and very nice hotel,I just could not get any service whatsoever. Even when we asked for service, it was very clear with attitude and body lanquage that they weren't interested in helping AT ALL. The management definitely needs to weed out some employees.
I'm sorry about the length of this review, but when I'm traveling, I like all the information I can get!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Littln12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Simpsonville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Greenville Simpsonville
Days Inn Simpsonville
#7 of 7 in Simpsonville
WoodSpring Suites Greenville Simpsonville
Drury Inn & Suites Greenville

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!